Tetrachromic vision

Old June 17th 17, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Tetrachromic vision

On 2017-06-16 18:32, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 16, 2017, Alan Browne wrote
(in ):

Someone sent this to me ... thought I'd pass it along. From 2012.

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul...r-human-vision

So I guess the bottom line is, there isn’t much point in taking
tetrachromacity into account when it comes to photographic color work since
it doesn’t effect men, and the handful of tetrachromatic women wouldn’t
be able to describe their color perception.

I just passed it along as something of interest.

--
"If war is God's way of teaching Americans geography, then
recession is His way of teaching everyone a little economics."
Old June 18th 17, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 5:51:11 PM UTC-4, Alan Browne wrote:
Someone sent this to me ... thought I'd pass it along. From 2012.

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul...r-human-vision

--
"If war is God's way of teaching Americans geography, then
recession is His way of teaching everyone a little economics."
..Raj Patel, The Value of Nothing.

A picture in front of the left eye will go to the RIGHT brain, as the optic nerves cross at the optic chiasm.

Mort Linder
Old June 18th 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 17, 2017, wrote
(in ):

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 5:51:11 PM UTC-4, Alan Browne wrote:
Someone sent this to me ... thought I'd pass it along. From 2012.

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul...r-human-vision

--
"If war is God's way of teaching Americans geography, then
recession is His way of teaching everyone a little economics."
..Raj Patel, The Value of Nothing.

A picture in front of the left eye will go to the RIGHT brain, as the optic
nerves cross at the optic chiasm.

Correct.

Just as damage to the right side of the brain affects the left side of the
body, and the opposite is true for right brain damage with the added
possibility of damage to speech processes.

Savageduck

Old June 19th 17, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/16/2017 10:07 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Mayayana
wrote:

I saw an article recently about something
related. I can't seem to find it now,

so much for your fantastic filing system.

And of course you read Alan Brown's contribution, critically. i don't
really know if you have, but it does seem you would rather make a nasty
comment.

--
PeterN
Old June 19th 17, 06:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2017-06-16 18:32, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 16, 2017, Alan Browne wrote
(in ):

Someone sent this to me ... thought I'd pass it along. From 2012.

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul...r-human-vision

So I guess the bottom line is, there isn’t much point in taking
tetrachromacity into account when it comes to photographic color work
since
it doesn’t effect men, and the handful of tetrachromatic women wouldn’t
be able to describe their color perception.

I just passed it along as something of interest.

Thank you for that. The more I read about perception, the more I realize
I have a lot to learn.

--
PeterN