See Nikon? Clasping hands over ears and repeating, "I can't hear, I can't hear..." only works for so long

Old June 20th 17, 05:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default See Nikon? Clasping hands over ears and repeating, "I can't hear, I can't hear..." only works for so long

On Jun 19, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In ,
Ken Hart wrote:

On 06/19/2017 12:59 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

Yup. And perspective distortion is a traditional and respected tool to
make a point on the nature of the subject.

Mainly because until the advent of digital photography it was not
possible to do anything much about it.

Except for tilting the enlarger head, .

good luck getting fotomat to do that.

My old (1985 or thereabouts Hope/Kreonite) minilab could have sort of
accomplished that to a limited extent. There was a fair amount of space
around the negative stage, so it would have been possible to raise one
side of the negative carrier. I have no idea how much depth of focus it had.

My current color enlarger, an Easco AF-45 has no provision for tilting
the enlarger head. But tilting the easel would be no problem.

And the latter was that that most of us did. Not the Instamatic stuff
occasionally. The smart phones are to be compared for with the latter
but do I think that keynoting can be found in both Photoshop and
Lightroom for Android. Not that I thought that that was the thing to do
with the picture, taken and edit with my Xperia M4 on the go that been
sooo debated... ;-)

Actually the "Upright" filter in Lightroom, and ACR using the "Guided
correction tool does far more than just correction of keystoning.

https://youtu.be/jlp8iXoWvU8

Savageduck

Old June 20th 17, 10:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 21:50:25 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 19, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

Paintshop Pro has the same facility.

Eric Stevens
Old June 20th 17, 12:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-06-20 09:44:39 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 21:50:25 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 19, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

However, I don't have Paintshop Pro to play with, and I am not likely
to ever own it in my MacOS World. As you well know I use LR CC+PS CC,
and IIRC you have been using the CC apps for over two years.

Savageduck

Old June 20th 17, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 19, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

Whatever...
--
teleportation kills
Old June 20th 17, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-06-20 14:39:20 +0000, android said:

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 19, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

If you aren't interested just say so.

Savageduck

Old June 20th 17, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:35:38 +0200 (GMT+02:00), android
wrote:

Wrote in message:
On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:55:33 +1000, Noons
wrote:

On 13/06/2017 5:08 @wiz, wrote:

I've seen those discussions about 4/3 vs other sizes, and it's all
nonsense that a4/3 sensor, which is only slightly smaller than an
APS-c sensor, can't produce great images. If you can't get great
images out of an Oly e-M1 I, give up.

Aye, same here. I used a D200 Nikon for many years.
And a 7200 for less. Now I use exclusively m4/3 (a em5MII and a Em1)
and quite frankly the m4/3 stuff beats the crap off everything else!

Honestly, I recently made a big print (3' x 4') for a friend, and it
looks stellar. I have no need for a larger and heavier system. Anyone
who claims that they can't get good images out of m4/3 probably
wouldn't be able to get good images out of a Nikon D810, either.

But hey, to each his/her own. If someone enjoys shooting a Leica M9 to
get snapshots of their kid's birthday party, have at it.

Small sensors are great for OTG sketches. Your phone is your pal
here... Sample from the Xperia M4 edited in PS for
Android:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/.../PSX_20170615_
162545.jpg

Like I said, if you can't get great images out of m4/3, give up. When
I have a phone that offers the equivilant of my Oly EM1 II and the PL
100-400 zoom, I'll believe you. Until then, please stop this mindless
trolling.
Old June 20th 17, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

wrote:

On 13/06/2017 5:08 @wiz,
wrote:

[...]

Like I said: I can make great pictures that touches people with any
camera. Even phone ones... No point in getting those over priced and
over seized mFT, quarter frames for snaps when a good phone will do that
that you want!
If you wanna spend the dough to get a great camera then get at least a
APS-C, halfframe or larger sensor. Bigger is better!
--
teleportation kills
Old June 20th 17, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/19/2017 8:44 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 19, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 6/19/2017 5:21 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

Yup. And perspective distortion is a traditional and respected tool
make a point on the nature of the subject.

Mainly because until the advent of digital photography it was not
possible to do anything much about it.

Except for tilting the enlarger head, .

good luck getting fotomat to do that.

It accomplishes the purpose, within limits.

whooooooooooooooooooosh

I see that you were wrong again

i see that you didn't understand what was said and made a fool of
yourself. again.

typical avoidance from you. You certainly have experience at avoiding
asked for explanations. No reason to ask for your explanation. As in the
past, you will refuse to give one.

I suspect you missed nospam’s rare outburst of humorin response to your
“tilting the enlarger head” suggestion with his; “good luck getting
fotomat to do that.”

If he intended humor, it was rather obtuse.

Given the extremely long odds of finding a Fotomat anywhere these days, or
the darkroom skills of any Fotomat operator when they existed, his remark
made sense, even if it was in a sarcastic way.

Not that he was going to explain anything to you.

I will somehow manage to survive without its explanation

--
PeterN
Old June 21st 17, 07:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:

On 13/06/2017 5:08 @wiz,
wrote:

[...]

So I assume you use a MF camera?

....mindless trolling...
Old June 21st 17, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

wrote:

On 13/06/2017 5:08 @wiz,
wrote:

[...]

I used a Zeiss Nettar 6x6 film camera to check MF out, and it did fine
but did not have the darkroom facilities to justify a Rolieflex or
Hassy. Can justify a digital one either, unfortunately...

http://www.thecamerasite.net/03_Folder_Cameras/Images/Zeiss-Nettar.jpg

Did some interesting double exposures with it but those negs seem to be
MIA.
--
teleportation kills