Help! Sony Cybershot - Same Problem on 2 Cameras

Old August 4th 04, 08:06 AM
Prescriptions

Default Help! Sony Cybershot - Same Problem on 2 Cameras

About a month ago my Sony Cybershot DSC-P51 stopped taking pictures.
Everything seemed fine but when you tried to take a picture I would
end up with a black LCD screen with all the menu options still on it.
I could look at the pictures I'd taken the day before but couldn't
take any new ones. (I actually could take the picture but it would be
blank.) I'd exausted all the possibilities and assumed it was broken.
So I borrowed my mothers and had used it for a couple days when the
exact same thing happened. (She has the same camera.) Both of these
cameras are lightly used and very well taken care. Neither have been
dropped or left out in the rain anything like that. The problem just
came along suddenly and I'm wondering if it's something I did even
though I used my camera for a couple years with nothing like this
happening. Please help. Thanks Steve

Old August 4th 04, 06:07 PM
Prescriptions

"Chef!" wrote in message ...
did you transfer the memory stick from the old camera to your mother's?

Yes I did. It still took a few pictures though. Might this be the problem?
Old August 4th 04, 06:07 PM
Prescriptions

Old August 5th 04, 01:02 AM
Skip M

"Chef!" wrote in message

did you transfer the memory stick from the old camera to your mother's?

Yes I did. It still took a few pictures though. Might this be the

problem?

2 cameras, 1 memory stick, I'd say the memory stick is a prime suspect. 2
cameras, 2 memory sticks, possible operator error. 1 camera, 2 memory
sticks, probable camera problem.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old August 5th 04, 10:06 AM
Prescriptions

What could a memory stick do to a camera? Can it be fixed?
Old August 5th 04, 10:40 AM
Chef!

try cleaning the contacts and inspect that the contacts are straight and try
before buying a new MS to test.