Real feelings about fake images

Old April 10th 05, 04:44 AM
Terry Davis

Default Real feelings about fake images

For over 20 years I have enjoyed traditional photography, both color and
b/w. I have also printed in both a color and a b/w darkroom for the
past 15 years.

The only print manipulation I perform is selective dodging, burning, and
cropping.

It seems that lately some viewers are questioning the "reality" of my
work. I am often asked; "Oh, did you create that image in Photoshop?".

My images are true to life....just as I saw them with my own eyes at the
time of exposure. I get upset when viewers suspect that my work is "made
up" or is "not real".

I am beginning to lose the excitement and joy that my photography has
given me over the years. I just do not feel inspired to seek out
great scenes to photograph when it is now possible to just create an
artifical scene on a computer.

Does anyone else feel this way...or am I just too sensitive for my own
good?

Terry