FujiFilm S5000 telephoto lens?

Old October 12th 04, 04:48 AM
Kirk Davison

I tried and returned the Fuji extender. Just not enough light for my
daughters games (high school courts) The 2.2 is just going to get you
closer but going to need more light. The low light handling is really my
only complaint with my s5000. Now at my daughters outdoor soccer games it
is a dream.
"MinnesotaMike" wrote in message
Kirk,

Thanks for the info. Our courts are pretty well lit and my pictures

have
turned out pretty good so far, just not close enough. Not sure if I can

cut
the light in half and have them any good though. Any recommendations for
outdoor use? Is buying a 2.2X (Raynox) lens going to be enough of a
difference over Fuji's 1.5X to justify a $100 price difference? In your
opinion, that is. Somebody has recommended the Raynox brand as a good

one.
Any thoughts on that?
Thanks for your help! Someday, I may know enough about all of this.

:-)

Mike

Kirk Davison wrote:

Unless you have more light at your basketball games than I do you will

not
have any luck at all. Even at 10x I do not get enough light to work at

my
daughters games. A 2 times extender will cut that in half.

Old October 12th 04, 08:45 AM
Jack-of-the-Dust

Kirk Davison wrote:

Unless you have more light at your basketball games than I do you will

not

have any luck at all. Even at 10x I do not get enough light to work at

my

daughters games. A 2 times extender will cut that in half.

Kirk, I do not believe that you lose any lens speed using the
supplemental extenders like you do when using a tele converter on a
normal 35mm set up. He may have been using the camera with an ISO
setting too slow.
Old October 12th 04, 11:50 PM
MinnesotaMike

Default FujiFilm S5000 telephoto lens?

Kirk and Jack,

Thanks for the responses. I'll probably get something for outdoor use at
least.

Mike