[SI] - A is up

Old April 24th 12, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default [SI] - A is up

On 2012-04-23 18:00 , Savageduck wrote:

Odd.
I have never had that problem before. I use, and have used Apple "Mail"
as my mail client since my first use of OSX.

Apple Mail is about the worst mail client I've ever used. I use it as
it is well integrated with the Mac, but complaints about attachments
from people using other clients are many and common.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 24th 12, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-23 16:24:17 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-04-23 18:00 , Savageduck wrote:

Odd.
I have never had that problem before. I use, and have used Apple "Mail"
as my mail client since my first use of OSX.

Apple Mail is about the worst mail client I've ever used. I use it as
it is well integrated with the Mac, but complaints about attachments
from people using other clients are many and common.

I compose as "rich text" and make sure the "Send Windows-Friendly
Attachments" box is checked. So far I have not had any Windows using
recipients, complain, even when I was one of them. I used to send Word
files, PDFs and JPEGs between my work Windows machine and my Macs at
home.
Even today I still communicate with individuals at my old work place
where they are receiving my emails + attachments from my Macs,
(desktop, MacbookPro, & iPhone) without issue.

Savageduck

Old April 24th 12, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-23 16:24:17 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-04-23 18:00 , Savageduck wrote:

Odd.
I have never had that problem before. I use, and have used Apple "Mail"
as my mail client since my first use of OSX.

Apple Mail is about the worst mail client I've ever used. I use it as
it is well integrated with the Mac, but complaints about attachments
from people using other clients are many and common.

I compose as "rich text" and make sure the "Send Windows-Friendly
Attachments" box is checked. So far I have not had any Windows using
recipients, complain, even when I was one of them. I used to send Word
files, PDFs and JPEGs between my work Windows machine and my Macs at home.
Even today I still communicate with individuals at my old work place
where they are receiving my emails + attachments from my Macs, (desktop,
MacbookPro, & iPhone) without issue.

Wish I could say the same - but I can't. (Though I admit it was worse
in the past than it is now).

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 24th 12, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-23 14:32:43 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-04-22 16:16:26 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-04-22 15:00:01 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_a

I think you got my artichoke and Avila pier mixed up with the labeling.

When did the committee decide to arbitrarily edit jpeg file names?

Never. But we could make an exception for you in particular.

or is
PBase behaving strangely?
None of those ended up as I sent them:

SI-A(rtichoke)-Savageduck-01; became "A-Avila_duck"
SI-A(vila Pier)-Savageduck-02; became "A_Art_Duck"
SI-A(delaidaSchool)-Savageduck-03; became "Adelaide_School_duck"

In the case of your photos they were DL'd from the image and were named
"securedownload" by Yahoo. So I typed in new names. I'll correct them
(esp. the ones I reversed). In looking at it again, if I had DL'd the
"attachment" instead of the image on screen, it would have worked
correctly.

Everyone else's file names came through correctly as that's what I did
- their images did not show up in Yahoo mail immediately. Strange
difference - could be your mail client composed the mail differently.

I'll fix the titles.

Thanks for making the fix.

Savageduck

Old April 24th 12, 10:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-23 20:17 , Savageduck wrote:
Thanks for making the fix.

De nada.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 26th 12, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

--
The Committee

My comments. I will follow my usual practice of not commenting on all
images. My failure to say anything means little.

Artichoke. interesting composition. I like the vignette to highlight the
subject.

Avila Pier. To me a picture of a sign.

Apple tree. I wold have shown it really tight to emphasize the pun.

Abstract Subject doesn't matter. On my first look I thought it could be
racers. A tad too much highlight for my taste, but nicely done.

Antique doll: I would prefer it less centered. Is it really necessary
to include the streamers.

Bowser 1. Better suited to the letter l

Bowser 2 Would make a great jigsaw puzzle.

MG Double A nice seeing.

MGAll the A's I like the creative use of the shadow from the glass to
add interest to an ordinary image.

Browne I need an aspirin

Browne I would like to see the ax in action. A tad static.

Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

Oops Getting called for dinner.
--
Peter
Old April 28th 12, 07:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 27/04/2012 8:11 AM:

Browne Seeing augers well. Nice interplay of shadows.

He should have used a iPhone, the DOF is a joke. Clearly the dear old thing
hasn't got a clue how to control DOF... Then again, no wonder: after seeing
what he believes controls DOF maybe he should have taken the image with a
bellows 10X12 film camera and then reduce it to his usual web size?

Old April 29th 12, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

Default - A is up

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 12:13 AM:

Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
defined point of interest.

Which was what?
Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
Riveting...
Old April 29th 12, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 4/28/2012 8:54 PM, Noons wrote:
Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 12:13 AM:

Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
defined point of interest.

Which was what?
Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
Riveting...

Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time
because I have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still
don't know when I will, but hope it will be soon.

--
Peter
Old April 29th 12, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

PeterN wrote,on my timestamp of 29/04/2012 11:34 AM:

Stick to your cellphone cam and your point and shoots with their
infinite DOF. The rest of us will continue to take real photos with a
defined point of interest.

Which was what?
Ah yes, the tip of the drill bit?
Riveting...

Looking forward to seeing your contribution. I made none this time because I
have been unable to shoot for the last six weeks. I still don't know when I
will, but hope it will be soon.

Man, that sucks. Hope you're back in shooting form soon.
Won't be seeing any from me ever, in that troll site.