That Nikon 6mm fisheye sold for its asking price of 100,000 Brit pounds

Old April 27th 12, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default That Nikon 6mm fisheye sold for its asking price of 100,000 Brit pounds

On 2012-04-27 10:04:13 -0700, RichA said:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...er-finds-buyer

Isn't

having "F you" money fun?

Savageduck

Old April 27th 12, 07:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
James Silverton[_3_]

On 2012-04-27 10:04:13 -0700, RichA said:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...er-finds-buyer

Isn't

having "F you" money fun?

Any pictures taken with it? The camera seems a small attachment to the lens.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Old April 27th 12, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-27 10:04:13 -0700, RichA said:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...er-finds-buyer

Isn't

having "F you" money fun?

"F everybody" money is even more fun. So they say.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old April 27th 12, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-27 13:15:18 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-04-27 10:04:13 -0700, RichA said:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...er-finds-buyer

Isn't

having

"F you" money fun?

"F everybody" money is even more fun. So they say.

I once knew a "trust fund" guy who actually lived by that credo.
Without doubt he was the most arrogant and condescending individual I
have ever known. He was forth or fifth generation of an old money,
recognizable, Delaware/Pennsylvania industrial family. John E. Du Pont
III was spoilt rotten, he truly believed in his privileged life so much
so that he didn't even carry cash or credit cards. He believed his
family name, and his reputation was enough to gain signing rights at
the best hotels, restaurants and exclusive stores.
I met him when I was a not too bad competitive swimmer in the 1960s and
he was involved with the US Swim team and Olympic committee.
He died in prison in 2010 after his delusional behavior and mental
illness led to a 1996 murder.

Savageduck

Old April 27th 12, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-04-27 13:15:18 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-04-27 13:34 , Savageduck wrote:
On 2012-04-27 10:04:13 -0700, RichA said:

[...]

I know several affluent and a few seriously wealthy people. There are a
couple who occasionally say or do things that are offensive / arrogant
wrt their money being fast lane cards. The rest are decent types.

IIRC F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote something to the effect that the rich
should be walled off so they don't offend the poor people. (May be a
Great Gatsby quote, not sure).

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.