Nikon D800 / D800e First Comparison - update

Old April 20th 12, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

Default Nikon D800 / D800e First Comparison - update

Nikon D800 / D800e First Comparison - update - see:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...mparison.shtml

starting about half way down the page.

Cheers,
David

Old April 21st 12, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_16_]

"RichA" wrote in message

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re..._d800_d800e_fi...

starting about half way down the page.

Cheers,
David

There is diminishing size lines of writing on the bills and you can
read down to the next smaller size with the 800E. No moire visible,
despite the repeating detail which is good. Again, to me the
advantage is there, but perhaps beyond the gain in resolution is the
effect like having a better lens with the 800E. For $300 or so extra,
a good value.

I suspect that you will need extremely good photo technique to take
advantage of that higher resolution though. I guess if you are into
tripods, the finest lenses and static subjects you may see the difference.
I also suspect that the lower visibility of moiré is helped by the lack of
lens MTF.

David