Hybrid Batteries

Old April 12th 07, 12:49 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
Don B[_2_]

Default Hybrid Batteries

wrote:
These hybrids will soon obsolete all other rechargeables. Walmart has
a good deal on Rayovac hybrids.

Not our Walmart, they never heard of them.
Old April 12th 07, 01:12 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
Don B[_2_]

Jack Erbes wrote:
~~NoMad~~ wrote:

Greetings!

I've been using Rayovac Hybrid NiMh 2100Mah batteries for a couple of
months now. These are the ones that come fully charged in the package
when you buy them. They claim to have 4 times less leakage than
typical NiMh batteries. Previously I had been using Energizer 2500Mah
batteries that seem to leak down pretty fast when not in use.

I use my batteries almost everyday and always carry a spare freshly
charged set. I usually wear out a set of Energizers in two weeks to a
month. When I change to the spare set it seems that the previously
charged batteries have leaked considerable charge. This is not the
case with the new Hybrid batteries.

I find that even though the Hybrids are rated at lower capacity than
the Energizers the Hybrids actually last longer in my usage situation.

Now all we need is higher capacity Hybrids!

NM

It might be that you need a better battery charger. I recently bought
eight NiMH AA cells (four Duracell, four Maha Powerex) and as I started
to use them I realized that the mainstream chargers are not very good.

I bought a Maha C9000 for about $50 on eBay, used that to condition the
new batteries and analyze and recharge two pairs that had had some prior
use but did not seem to have much capacity.

The Maha MH-C801D and the Maha MH-C777PLUS-II are also nice chargers.
Old April 12th 07, 02:33 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
Jack Erbes

Dot wrote:
~~NoMad~~ wrote:

Greetings!

I've been using Rayovac Hybrid NiMh 2100Mah batteries for a couple of
months now. These are the ones that come fully charged in the package
when you buy them. They claim to have 4 times less leakage than
typical NiMh batteries. Previously I had been using Energizer 2500Mah
batteries that seem to leak down pretty fast when not in use.

Not sure which sub-thread to ask under, but how do these various
rechargeables work in cold weather - like below 0F in AK winter. That's
one of the primary reasons I started using primary lithium cells, as
well as shelf life. Where I started using them in field we also didn't
have access to electricity for a week or so. I've just continued using
what works, but am interested in newer stuff, esp. if I don't have to
keep buying batteries. (I've got lots of toys running on AA or AAA
batteries - gps, headlamps for running, footpods, field computers, etc.
Unfortunately, my camera doesn't use std batteries.)

Thanks.

Dot

Interesting question. I'm in Maine but have not used my 76Cx outdoors
much this winter. And then it was in and out of my pocket and it worked
fine for brief periods of time.

I'll have to pay more attention to that next year as we are about out of
winter here now.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)
Old April 12th 07, 04:48 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
ray

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 06:16:04 -0400, J. Clarke wrote:

ray wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 04:20:48 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

ray wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:18:34 +0000, Dave Cohen wrote:

ray wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:44:01 -0700, ~~NoMad~~ wrote:

[...]

Or Li-Ion

The subject is rechargeable AA's. I've been using a set of Sanyo
Eneloops since last September, only charged once. These are
excellent. Hybrid type are licensed from Sanyo but their rating is
not same. Eneloop claim to keep 85% of their charge for a year,
Hybrid 3 months. I think either way this is much better than other
NiMH's. Hybrids costs less in Walmart, haven't seen them selling
Eneloop, got mine for Ritz. Dave Cohen

I hope you'll forgive me for being such an idiot. I read the OP
eight times and I did not see AA in there once.

That is what the batteries mentioned by the OP ARE. You might read
up on the subject so you can follow the discussion.

DAMN. I just reread the OP five more times and I still don't see it.

Please enlighten us as to the availability of a "Rayovac Hybrid NiMh
2100Mah" or "Energizer 2500Mah" battery that can be used in some manner
in conjunction with a digital camera or a GPS and is _not_ an AA
battery.

--

Well, the rayovac website indicates that they currently have hybrid in AA
and AAA. Am I correct in thinking that AAA is not AA?

Old April 12th 07, 04:49 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
ray

ray wrote:
[...]

It's right there in the first line. He names the batteries, and they
ARE AA batteries, which you would KNOW if you read up on the subject.

Except, of course, that the rayovac web site indicates that their hybrid
batteries are available in AA and AAA which you would KNOW if you read up
on the subject.

Old April 12th 07, 05:13 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke

ray wrote:
[...]

Do they have 2100MaH AAA?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old April 12th 07, 07:31 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
David G. Nagel

ray wrote:
[...]

You are correct. The American Automobile Association is not Alcoholics
Anonymous, oh wait you mean battery sizes. Yes AAA batteries are not AA
batteries. AAA batteries are smaller and have less capacity.

Dave N
Old April 12th 07, 08:13 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
Don B[_2_]

ray wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:49:57 -0600, Don B wrote:

wrote:

These hybrids will soon obsolete all other rechargeables. Walmart has
a good deal on Rayovac hybrids.

Not our Walmart, they never heard of them.

I remember a few years back when WalMart had NiMH for sale at the regular
WalMarts but not at the Super WalMarts - could be a similar situation.

Ours is a Super Walmart so you may be right. There are three Walmarts
close by and they are all Super Walmarts, I'll have to check the other two.
Old April 12th 07, 08:20 PM posted to sci.geo.satellite-nav,rec.photo.digital
Klatch

wrote:

These hybrids will soon obsolete all other rechargeables. Walmart has
a good deal on Rayovac hybrids.

Not our Walmart, they never heard of them.

I remember a few years back when WalMart had NiMH for sale at the regular
WalMarts but not at the Super WalMarts - could be a similar situation.

Ours is a Super Walmart so you may be right. There are three Walmarts
close by and they are all Super Walmarts, I'll have to check the other
two.

Our Super Wal-Mart has them.