backpack: tamrac or lowepro?

Old February 23rd 04, 03:05 PM
Gianni Rondinini

Default backpack: tamrac or lowepro?

hi.
first of all, i hope not to be off-topic, but this seems to be the
best group to ask this.

i'm planning to buy a complete 35mm slr set --it will be nikon--.
since i'm going to buy quite a bit of things, i'll need a backpack
--and probably a shoulder bag--.
i had a look on a couple of websites and saw there seem to be 2 major
manufacturer of [back|shoulder]packs: tamrac and lowepro.

looking at the whole system and range of possibilities, tamrac seems
smarter, because of their wide range of m.a.s. and s.a.s. extras.

is there any big difference in quality between lowepro and tamrac?
i was looking at 787 and 614 for tamrac and pro trekker aw ii and
commercial aw for lowepro.

thanks in advance for your replies.

cheers.
--
Gianni Rondinini
Icem s.r.l. - http://www.icem.it
Old February 27th 04, 03:20 PM
John Fryatt

As far as I know they are both good makes. I happen to use Lowepro and am
very happy with them, but you might prefer Tamrac. I think a visit to a shop
to check them out and compare could be good, or else compare specs from the
brochures/websites.
One thing I'd say is that the Lowepro Commercial is enormous, and will
probably give you a major tilt to one side if you fill it up and carry it
much. Seriously, big heavy shoulder bags are, a) not good for the health,
and b) not ideal for carrying either.

John

Old February 28th 04, 05:19 PM
Heller

I happen to be selling a Tripod Cup for a photo backpack. It holds two of
the feet, and you just clip the top of your tripod to the bag.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESSE:IT

thanks,
Heller