[SI] Back comments

Old December 7th 05, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default [SI] Back comments

Tom Hudson http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173288
I was going to do something like this as well. Esp. as my SO is going
through a new "redhead" episode. I really prefer blondes. Sigh.
Anyway, for this type of shot, there should (3 choices) be I) less BG
clutter, or II) the clutter should at least have some romantic
connection to the model or III) be very contrasty in theme (eg: do this
perched on a car covered in snow ... on construction site, etc. eg:
cliché ). Otherwise the pose is nice and the lady's expression is both
innocent and knowing. The opposing diagonals of her body and legs are
pleasing too.

Michael J. Hoffman* http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173346

Just right. Was Rosa Parks in the back?

Al Denelsbeck http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173349

Very nice photo, beautiful blue. the leaf is a bit undersaturated v.
the water/ice, unfortunately. Not much to say, just a beauty of a
photo. I'd like to hear more about it, esp. as the 'shaddow' in the
water droplets is always on the leaf side.

Jim Kramer http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173353

No comment.

Bowser http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173355

I thought someone would do something like this ... but I thought it
would be Bret.

Paul Furman http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173361

With a little more care could have been a good 'environmental portrait'.

Alan Browne http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173364

Eh, well, er... nothing much inspiring so I began with a few shots of
the 500 C/M with the rear shutter open and mirror up, then began adding
the lenses and back ... and there it is.

Bob Flint http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173365

No comment.

Old December 7th 05, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Alan Browne wrote:

Tom Hudson http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173288
I was going to do something like this as well. Esp. as my SO is going
through a new "redhead" episode. I really prefer blondes. Sigh.
Anyway, for this type of shot, there should (3 choices) be I) less BG
clutter, or II) the clutter should at least have some romantic
connection to the model or III) be very contrasty in theme (eg: do this
perched on a car covered in snow ... on construction site, etc. eg:
cliché ). Otherwise the pose is nice and the lady's expression is both
innocent and knowing. The opposing diagonals of her body and legs are
pleasing too.

I like red hair. My SO changes from strawberry-blonde in the summer to a
light brown in winter.
She also reads this group so I'm saying no more :-)

I) If I'd thought of it I could easily have moved the table. For this
one I at least managed to hide the trouser-press behind her...

II) Yes, I can see how that would work. Heart shaped box of chocolates,
for example.

III) Normally I'd have done more contrasty lighting, but I had the
facility for really diffuse lighting and kept going with it. It worked
for this one but some of the others would have worked better. I know
that's not what you were talking about but I saw the word 'contrast' and
erm, kept going with it. That's like a theme, right? Seriously, in the
location we were, a contrasting theme would have required different
clothes on the model, as we didn't have an alternative location at the time.

Thanks for the comments, they've been useful.

Tom

--

sing, not snig if you want the mail to get to me.
Old December 7th 05, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Bowser http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173355

I thought someone would do something like this ... but I thought it would
be Bret.

I was afraid of that. I suppose it could be worse. Not sure how, but it
probably could be.

Old December 7th 05, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Back comments

At least you got a comment - I'm just a bad press conference.

Old December 7th 05, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Michael J. Hoffman* http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173346

Just right. Was Rosa Parks in the back?

Thanks; and, unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of Ms Parks'
company. She is a fascinating figure who showed the world that one
peacable person can indeed make a difference!

Michael

Old December 7th 05, 10:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Michael J. Hoffman* http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173346

Just right. Was Rosa Parks in the back?

Thanks; and, unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of Ms Parks'
company. She is a fascinating figure who showed the world that one
peacable person can indeed make a difference!

Michael

She was a poster child for my favorite quote: "It is the responsibility, not
the right, of good men to disobey bad laws." - Spencer Tracy, in Judgment at
Nuremberg.

Old December 8th 05, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

JimKramer wrote:

At least you got a comment - I'm just a bad press conference.

Sorry Jim, I really had nothing do say about it...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 8th 05, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Bowser http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/53173355

I thought someone would do something like this ... but I thought it
would be Bret.

Who, me?
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/38047166

If I was going the Archived route, I'd have probably chosen this one:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/22731280

Old December 10th 05, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:

If I was going the Archived route, I'd have probably chosen this one:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/22731280

If the train were going the other way, would have been perfect (dog,
mirror train...)

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old December 12th 05, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Alan Browne wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

If I was going the Archived route, I'd have probably chosen this one:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/22731280

If the train were going the other way, would have been perfect (dog,
mirror train...)

It might just have been going the other way; two engines in
pushme-pullyou configuration.