Jpeg property info

Old September 2nd 03, 05:08 PM
Gary J Bevans

Default Jpeg property info

Is there an easy way to remove info from the Jpeg image properties.

I am working on a project and do not need to advertise for Eastman Kodak
Company.

I would really appreciate any help I could get in soving this issue.

Thanks,

Gary

Old September 2nd 03, 05:27 PM
Don Coon

Would help if you'd post your question in the correct newsgroup. One way,
not necessarrily
"easy", is to use a hex editor.

Old September 2nd 03, 05:48 PM
Gary J Bevans

Thanks, I have posted in several groups as I was not getting any replies
thanks for your help though I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Gary

Old September 2nd 03, 09:06 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

"Gary J Bevans" writes:

Is there an easy way to remove info from the Jpeg image properties.

I am working on a project and do not need to advertise for Eastman Kodak
Company.

I would really appreciate any help I could get in soving this issue.

In photoshop, save using "save a copy" and check the checkbox saying
"exclude non-image information" and you'll get rid of everything but
the image.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, , www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
RKBA: noguns-nomoney.com www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old September 3rd 03, 10:12 AM
Mr J McCulloch

In message eg35b.39100$nf3.33715@fed1read07
"Gary J Bevans" wrote:

Is there an easy way to remove info from the Jpeg image properties.

I am working on a project and do not need to advertise for Eastman Kodak
Company.

I would really appreciate any help I could get in soving this issue.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi can I suggest a two tier process:
1] save your images, as they come off your camera, to disc on your computer,
create a CDROM using a CD R/RW drive and load your complete images onto this
disc.
[2] once you have done this use a piece of software to remove the EXIF
information, ie all the text files embedded in the JPEG image.
If you take this two tier route you will have the advantage of having a full
copy of your image, which you can have processed externally, which retains
the camera data. And a working copy to edit/manipulate which has nothing but
IMAGE data available. This file will be noticeably smaller over the Full Info
image.
ADV: As you can see from my sig file, I am using a computer you likely have
never heard of, using an operating system known as RISC OS. This is an ARM
based system, not compatible with windows. However there is great freeware
software readily available to extract the EXIF Information, application is
called !EXIFinfo..... this produces a variety of outputs, including a
graphical HTML based page with a thumbnail, and all the data for each picture.
It can also provide a text only file.
It should be noted that Camera JPEGs normally have a thumbnail embedded in
them as well, as the EXIF information.
Once I have accessed the EXIF Information I then process a copy of the FULL
image, and extract the EXIF Information and the Thumbnail, using an
application called !CleanJPEG.
The advantage of taking this route, is that the original JPEG image is
retained, as opposed to displaying the image in something like Photoshop on
the PC and saving out a JPEG image from it, this is likely dependant on the
algorith used to degrade the final resultant JPEG.
Just to bear this in mind I also run a WindowsXP Pro laptop so have compared
both routes, the RISC OS route seems the best to me.
It is now possible if you have at least a Pentium3 500 MHz PC to acquire a
software only emulation of a RISC OS machine. there are two distinct packages
available, the cheaper being Virtual Acorn VA5000, £29.00 and the newer just
released Virtual Acorn VARiscPCSE, £160.00 this more expensive route is very
much faster and includes a copy of the latest version of RISC OS.
See the following link for further details:
http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/products/vrpcse.htm
I should state that I have no financial links with this company, I am merely
a satisfied user of the new product.
73 de john
--
Email :