FILMS UNDER EXTINCTION?

Old March 6th 05, 03:55 PM
R.Satish

"Photobossman" wrote in message news:DZmWd.80823$JZ2.61531@fed1read02...
"Inaccessible" wrote in message
news
In article et,
"Jeremy" wrote:

Yeah, but pretty soon it will all be in boxes that say, "Made In China."

I get the feeling that somehow you equate that as being less than
desirable, care to expound on those reasons so we can paint you
as a racist swine or put you in our kill files.

I don't believe the film would be any better or worse coming from
China, and if it was worse the market would certainly sort it out.

What difference does it make coming from China or Japan
or America or Croatia?

The difference is about 5,000 American Jobs!

Kodak no longer makes film in the USA it has farmed this process out to
China and Mexico.

We can thank Wal*Mart as they have caused more companies to go overseas than
any other company. They even show them how to do it!

In 2002 Qualex had over 50 Photo labs nation wide now they have less than 25
there goal is to get down to 6 labs

With all the Illegal immigrants taking the lower paying jobs and all the
upper paying jobs going over seas guess we will all be flipping burgers or
becoming Wal*Mart Greeters.

It does not matter where the films are manufactured whether its in
china or in america. the question is will digital completely replace
good old films in such a manner that films can only be found in
museums .films dominated for nearly 100 years and will it be replaced
by this digital technology in one or two years. as someone earlier
said the manufacturing units of these films will be ported to
developing countries where replacing an old technology will take more
time than in developed countries. also don't you guys feel that
digital photography is still evolving and will take it's own time to
come to a stable level.
Old March 6th 05, 07:55 PM
Deek Unter

In article . net,
"Jeremy" wrote:

P-L-O-N-K-!

Likewise "Jerkame".
Old March 7th 05, 01:17 AM
Photobossman

"Deek Unter" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Jeremy" wrote:

P-L-O-N-K-!

Likewise "Jerkame".

Those who feel that just because some of us are concerned about sending our
jobs to China or another country marks us as racist you are Mistaken. We are
concerned about how we will be able to support our families pay our rent and
put food on the table.

The Citizens of some of the other countries like China get taken advantage
of just the same they are not loosing jobs but are getting jobs that may pay
$ .30 or less per hour.

Just face the facts some of you just want to play god with kill file power
it is an American freedom.

Concerned AMERICAN

Gary

Old March 7th 05, 02:00 AM
Inaccessible

In article dYNWd.121385$JZ2.27495@fed1read02,
"Photobossman" wrote:

Those who feel that just because some of us are concerned about sending our
jobs to China or another country marks us as racist you are Mistaken. We are
concerned about how we will be able to support our families pay our rent and
put food on the table.

No doubt, blame the politicians but cheap labor....... its really the
best weapon the communists have against capitalism. And some
of our GREEDY SPINELESS politicians are highly to blame.

The Citizens of some of the other countries like China get taken advantage
of just the same they are not loosing jobs but are getting jobs that may pay
$ .30 or less per hour.

Just face the facts some of you just want to play god with kill file power
it is an American freedom.

Concerned AMERICAN

Gary

If thats the case don't even think about buying any imported goods.
Ha like you have a choice.

That means no more Walmart for you buddy

I just don't see how prejudice of any type helps anyone.
Old March 8th 05, 03:23 PM
Jeremy

"Photobossman" wrote
The Citizens of some of the other countries like China get taken advantage
of just the same they are not loosing jobs but are getting jobs that may

pay
$ .30 or less per hour.

BBC News has a series on China this week. Yesterday they showed a Chinese
textile factory, with poor workers busily engaged behind rows and rows of
sewing machines. Outside the factory were shacks made of corrugated metal.
Roadways were mud.

The owner of the factory had a huge mansion and drove a BMW. His taste of
financial independence came at the expense of literally hundreds of
poorly-paid workers.

I understand that China also has a "progressive prison system," where
convicts are used as forced laborers. And it does not take much for one to
be imprisoned in China--these aren't all bad guys, you know.

One day, we will be as bad off as those poor Chinese workers. Some people
will be very rich, at the expense of all the rest of us. But, we can always
save money by shopping at Wal-Mart!