Compact Flash Memory Card costs

Old June 24th 04, 04:12 AM
Engineer

Default Compact Flash Memory Card costs

Hello RPD's.
Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?

Best Buy seems quite good as a retail walk-in, CDN$50 (after rebates,
but plus sales tax.) TigerDirect (on-line) is OK (when I last looked)
but the tax and shipping cost puts it over the top in net cost.

eBay Canada prices tend to close in the CDN$46 to 62 range (no sales
tax if used item), plus CDN$7 to CDN$13 shipping.

Do people think Compact Flash memory cost will go down soon? Any
creative ideas?

Thanks and cheers,

Roger

Old June 24th 04, 05:34 AM
Bob

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:12:11 -0400, "Engineer" wrote:

Hello RPD's.
Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?

Best Buy seems quite good as a retail walk-in, CDN$50 (after rebates,
but plus sales tax.) TigerDirect (on-line) is OK (when I last looked)
but the tax and shipping cost puts it over the top in net cost.

eBay Canada prices tend to close in the CDN$46 to 62 range (no sales
tax if used item), plus CDN$7 to CDN$13 shipping.

Do people think Compact Flash memory cost will go down soon? Any
creative ideas?

Thanks and cheers,

Roger

I just bought one in Montreal for $45 after rebates, but that price is no more -
it's gone up again... I've even seen them at $90!!

From what I hear, the price is supposed to drop dramatically... maybe you should
wait a bit.

Old June 24th 04, 07:35 AM
zeitgeist

Everything digital fall in price almost monthly,
but how much time are you going to spend to save an extra buck or ten?
I mean the lowest prices tend to come with some soul sucking annoyances,
like those sleezebags that offer cameras for 2/3rds the usual 'street' price
but run you ragged by outright lying about shipping it right now,
practically extorting you to buy all the overpriced accessories that by the
time you are done, you have either spend all you would have saved on long
distance calls, have had your credit card charged twice, and would have
gotten it the same day, or in a couple days for about the same price with
the accessories without any of the hassles from the store downtown.

right now Buy.com has lexar 40x 512mb cards for $99 with free shipping,

Old June 24th 04, 01:11 PM
Jeff Durham

Is US mail order an option? If so, checkout http://www.newegg.com and
http://www.zipzoomfly.com.

Jeff

Old June 25th 04, 10:09 PM
Ron Hunter

George wrote:

Check out techbargains.com for CF. I got my 256MB Sandisk for $25 after
rebate
but including tax and shipping. My 512MB Sandisk was $59 after rebate.

"Johnny Bela" wrote in message
T...

In article ,
says...

Hello RPD's.
Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?

Best Buy seems quite good as a retail walk-in, CDN$50 (after rebates,
but plus sales tax.) TigerDirect (on-line) is OK (when I last looked)
but the tax and shipping cost puts it over the top in net cost.

eBay Canada prices tend to close in the CDN$46 to 62 range (no sales
tax if used item), plus CDN$7 to CDN$13 shipping.

Do people think Compact Flash memory cost will go down soon? Any
creative ideas?

I'm not sure where you live, but Tiger Direct has a retail outlet in
Markham where you can get their online price if they have it in stock.

Fry's had a 512 meg CF card advertised today for $59, and a $30 rebate!
Old June 25th 04, 11:32 PM
Engineer

"Engineer" wrote in message
Hello RPD's.
Does anyone know the lowest cost source for a 256MB Compact Flash
Memory Card in the greater Toronto, Canada, area?

(snip)

Thanks for all replies - a real eye opener!

Cheers

Roger