And The Loser Is...

Old February 2nd 18, 07:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default And The Loser Is...

....the compact digital camera...

https://www.canonnews.com/the-2017-cipa-results-are-in
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 3rd 18, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Feb 2, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 2 February 2018 01:19:30 UTC-5, android wrote:
...the compact digital camera...

https://www.canonnews.com/the-2017-cipa-results-are-in

Americans keep bringing up the technological rear.

Just wait for the release of the Digital SpeedGraphic.

Savageduck

Old February 4th 18, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Americans keep bringing up the technological rear.

They created the working internet (if not invented) and now slog along at
25MB/s while Asia and some of Europe is at a gig.

nope. gigabit is readily available in the usa, and cheap too.
Old February 4th 18, 08:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

wrote:

On Friday, 2 February 2018 01:19:30 UTC-5, android wrote:
...the compact digital camera...

https://www.canonnews.com/the-2017-cipa-results-are-in

Americans keep bringing up the technological rear.

Crap.

Eric Stevens

They created the working internet (if not invented) and now slog along
at 25MB/s while Asia and some of Europe is at a gig.

True, the French Minitel and Swedish Datavison was avaible in the late
seventies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfUVe223Kzg
--
teleportation kills

Old February 5th 18, 06:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

On Friday, 2 February 2018 01:19:30 UTC-5, android wrote:
...the compact digital camera...

https://www.canonnews.com/the-2017-cipa-results-are-in

Americans keep bringing up the technological rear.

Crap.

Eric Stevens

They created the working internet (if not invented) and now slog along at 25MB/s while Asia and some of Europe is at a gig.

Look at Speedtest's compiled results for fixed service (ie: not mobile).

Average speed:

Singapore (1st) is 166 Mb/s.
US (8th) is 83.2 Mb/s.
Canada (16th) is 77 Mb/s.

All of western Europe is slower than the US, except Sweden. Denmark,
The Netherlands and Switzerland are essentially tied with the US.

http://www.speedtest.net/global-index

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102
Old February 5th 18, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

wrote:

On Friday, 2 February 2018 01:19:30 UTC-5, android wrote:
...the compact digital camera...

https://www.canonnews.com/the-2017-cipa-results-are-in

Americans keep bringing up the technological rear.

Crap.

Eric Stevens

They created the working internet (if not invented) and now slog along
at 25MB/s while Asia and some of Europe is at a gig.

Look at Speedtest's compiled results for fixed service (ie: not mobile).

Average speed:

Singapore (1st) is 166 Mb/s.
US (8th) is 83.2 Mb/s.
Canada (16th) is 77 Mb/s.

All of western Europe is slower than the US, except Sweden. Denmark,
The Netherlands and Switzerland are essentially tied with the US.

http://www.speedtest.net/global-index

You get what you pay for. I have a 50-100 line and is oki with that
since I don't stream much, but you can get 500-1000 Mb/s if you pay
trice... The difference in average between Sweden and the US is minimal
actually and I guess that the Britts are just chepoos that don't wanna
punny up!
--
teleportation kills

Old February 5th 18, 08:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

wrote:

[...]

UK: I suspect that's something to do with it - I think 100Mbps is there
if people are willing to pay. Which as it happens I do - £30/month for
basic landline and mobile, and 100Mbps internet.

I suppose 1000Mbs would be nice, but hardly necessary. I can download
1GB through a VPN in a couple of minutes which seems fine.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old February 6th 18, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

That's astoundingly cheap.

I suppose 1000Mbs would be nice, but hardly necessary. I can download
1GB through a VPN in a couple of minutes which seems fine.

I pay CAD $82 for 120 Mb/s. Speedtest consistently shows it at 135
Mb/s even when testing to London/Paris/Tokyo.

Magic Jack (Internet VOIP) for the landline (US$120 for 5 years + $10 /
year to "keep" the phone no. Unlimited North American long distance
included.)

Old February 6th 18, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

wrote:

[...]

This is similar to my deal:

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broa...respeedboost/v

They chop/change every few months.

I suppose 1000Mbs would be nice, but hardly necessary. I can download
1GB through a VPN in a couple of minutes which seems fine.

I pay CAD $82 for 120 Mb/s.*** Speedtest consistently shows it at 135
Mb/s even when testing to London/Paris/Tokyo.

Actually, I'm only getting 60Mb/s right now - so maybe you don't pay
that much more than me.

--
Cheers, Rob