Tripod Recommendations?

Old July 5th 06, 10:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Tripod Recommendations?

I seem to have narrowed it down to the Quantaray Ultra-Pro (only $99) at
Ritz. I want something light, durable, but most importantly can extend to
over 6 feet high. This seems to do the trick.
Any suggestions?

Old July 5th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article mYLqg.12108$f76.2161@dukeread06,
"Hoover" wrote:

I seem to have narrowed it down to the Quantaray Ultra-Pro (only $99) at
Ritz. I want something light, durable, but most importantly can extend to
over 6 feet high. This seems to do the trick.
Any suggestions?

Without knowing the weight of your camera and the heaviest lens you
intend to use on that tripod, its hard to make a recommendation. Try
putting your camera with your lens on that tripod in a store and make
sure the tripod holds the camera steady.

Old July 6th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Dave wrote:

For a quality tripod you usually need to spend a few hundred dollars,
at
least.

Or buy used off of ebay.

Either you have a 'great deal', or you will be disappointed later.
Each time I buy a tripod I spend more, disappointed with prior mistakes.
It would have been easier to spring for quality up front.

Dave

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old July 8th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Dave wrote:

For a quality tripod you usually need to spend a few hundred dollars, at
least. Either you have a 'great deal', or you will be disappointed later.
Each time I buy a tripod I spend more, disappointed with prior mistakes. It
would have been easier to spring for quality up front.

Dave

You need to shop around.

Managed to acquire a set of 3021 legs & 488RC2 ball head for about $200.
You won't find those prices every day, but you might get a better deal
than you thought if you just keep lookin'.

B&H sells the combo for about $250