Graphic Pen Tablet?

Old June 18th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Graphic Pen Tablet?

Using Dell PC
on
Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
====================

Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
drawing shapes easier - with more control?

I'm not certain what this thing would be called.

If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Eddy

Old June 18th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"long eddy" schreef in bericht
Using Dell PC
on
Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
====================

Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can
use
instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
drawing shapes easier - with more control?

Yes there is something called a pen tablet.
Wacom is a producer of those.

They make drawing, coloring etc. easier.

http://www.wacom.com/tabletwizard/index.cfm

There are other makes as well.

Ben

Old June 18th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"long eddy" wrote in message
Using Dell PC
on
Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
====================

Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can
use
instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
drawing shapes easier - with more control?

I'm not certain what this thing would be called.

If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Eddy

Wacom makes excellent products.

Old June 18th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

In article , long eddy
writes
Using Dell PC
on
Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
====================

Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can use
instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would make
drawing shapes easier - with more control?

I'm not certain what this thing would be called.

If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

See
http://www.wacom-europe.com/int/prod...p?lang=en&pdx=
31

I am using an earlier version, original under Win98se, now XP.

N.B. They have other sizes.
--
Ian G8ILZ
Old June 19th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

The fact is NO.
Even if you get an add-in USB card the USB drivers for Win98 will not
support these devices.
Win98 second edition might work.
Better: get Windows Millenia.
Better still: save the money from the tablet and get a new computer. You can
get a box for $300 that is light years better than what you now have and has
modern USB2 ports as well.

Old June 19th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

long eddy wrote:

Using Dell PC
on
Win98 / P III @ 300 mhz
====================

Is there a piece of hardware - like a pen tablet or stylus?- that I can
use instead of a mouse - when using PSP, Photoshopp or Flash that would
make drawing shapes easier - with more control?

I'm not certain what this thing would be called.

If anybody has any suggestions - I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

It's called a "graphics tablet". Wacom is currently the major producer.
Downside is that they don't support any version of Windows earlier than
98SE with their USB products--if you have 98SE then you're set, otherwise
you'll have to upgrade to that from 98 non-SE.

Probably more than you can afford, but the 21" Cintiq is exceedingly nice,
downside is that it needs XP or later.

Eddy

--
--John