The 20D goes to the races

Old October 12th 04, 06:10 PM
Skip M

Default The 20D goes to the races

"Peter A. Stavrakoglou" wrote in message
t...
"Skip M" wrote in message
Since Annika's out traipsing around Maui, and I'm sure ya'll miss his
bombastic posts, I'll take this opportunity to put up a gallery of images
from the recent Chrysler Speed Festival. Just so you won't miss him so
much...
I'll admit a few of the images are a little less than perfect, I forgot
turn off the IS on my 28-135 when panning...

http://www.shutterspeedway.com/cgi-b...%20the%20Races

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

A Challenger AND a Javelin. You're making me feel older than necessary.
Nice shots, the one of the Stutz stands out for me - rich yellow color.

And that one was with the 18-55 "kit" lens, too. Overall, I'm very pleased
with the color rendition of the 20D compared to the D30 that it replaces,
especially the reds.
Not many people know about the Mopar effort in TransAm in '70 (that's Sam
Posey's car in the image) or that Roger Penske took the TA title with Mark
Donahue in the Javelin in '70 or '71, don't remember which. Speaking of
getting old...

Old October 12th 04, 08:34 PM
Frank ess

Skip M wrote:
Since Annika's out traipsing around Maui, and I'm sure ya'll miss his
bombastic posts, I'll take this opportunity to put up a gallery of
images from the recent Chrysler Speed Festival. Just so you won't
miss him
so much...
I'll admit a few of the images are a little less than perfect, I
forgot to turn off the IS on my 28-135 when panning...

http://www.shutterspeedway.com/cgi-b...%20the%20Races

Yes, nice images.

I have some less-than less-than-perfect images, too:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/3404E14A19B54A0

I don't have any IS any more, and what I ever had is rapidly
deteriorating.

--
Frank ess
Fabulous 50s non-Association

Old October 12th 04, 08:45 PM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Skip M" wrote in message
[...]

My first car was a '68 Roadrunner. It was a real animal. Now I drive a
2005 Chrysler 300C - a real civilized beast.

Old October 12th 04, 10:25 PM
Alan Browne

Skip M wrote:

http://www.shutterspeedway.com/cgi-b...%20the%20Races

I like some of the closeups, but the "action" shots look ... er, actionless.
Need to pan or long shutter (which does not work well with a light BG as you
have here). The venue is rather dull, so closer shots would be more effective.

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 12th 04, 11:23 PM
Skip M

"Skip M" wrote in message
[...]

Heheh, my first car was a '69 Roadrunner convertible, I drive a Dodge
Durango, now, with an eye on the Magnum.

Old October 12th 04, 11:27 PM
Skip M

"Frank ess" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:
Since Annika's out traipsing around Maui, and I'm sure ya'll miss his
bombastic posts, I'll take this opportunity to put up a gallery of
images from the recent Chrysler Speed Festival. Just so you won't miss
him
so much...
I'll admit a few of the images are a little less than perfect, I
forgot to turn off the IS on my 28-135 when panning...

http://www.shutterspeedway.com/cgi-b...%20the%20Races

Yes, nice images.

I have some less-than less-than-perfect images, too:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/3404E14A19B54A0

I don't have any IS any more, and what I ever had is rapidly
deteriorating.

--
Frank ess
Fabulous 50s non-Association
Non-member

Dear god!!! I almost fell out of my chair, laughing! The second picture on
your site of the AC Ace has two photographers in the foreground, the one
with the reversed baseball cap is me! The other one is my friend, Glen
Maxwell...I gotta send that one to him!
Small, small world!

Old October 12th 04, 11:29 PM
Skip M

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
. ..
Skip M wrote:

http://www.shutterspeedway.com/cgi-b...%20the%20Races

I like some of the closeups, but the "action" shots look ... er,
actionless. Need to pan or long shutter (which does not work well with a
light BG as you have here). The venue is rather dull, so closer shots
would be more effective.

Cheers,
Alan

I know, I was fighting that all day. I tried some longer exposures, but
tossed them. Actually, being farther from the action might have helped,
more apparent movement, kind of like Frank has.

Old October 12th 04, 11:30 PM
Frank ess

Skip M wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:
[...]

I figured it had to be. I don't ordinarily display that kind of
picture...

--
Frank ess

Old October 13th 04, 12:07 AM
Skip M

"Frank ess" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:
"Frank ess" wrote in message
Skip M wrote:
[...]

I didn't think it fit in with the rest of them, thanks for my shot at
immortality! G

Old October 13th 04, 01:24 AM

In message _SYad.26133$hj.21181@fed1read07,
"Skip M" wrote:

Dear god!!! I almost fell out of my chair, laughing! The second picture on
your site of the AC Ace has two photographers in the foreground, the one
with the reversed baseball cap is me!

Are you out of focus in real life?
--

John P Sheehy