Nikon D80

Old March 18th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

Default Nikon D80

At that price it must be a scam, there is no other answer that makes sense.

"Don B" wrote in message
Anyone ever dealt with these guys? Sounds like a scam.

http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...0700&display=2

Old March 18th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Again

"Don B" wrote in message
Anyone ever dealt with these guys? Sounds like a scam.

http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...0700&display=2

You should read .....

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7593_102...ssageID=488772

....before sending any cash.

Old March 18th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don B[_2_]

Old March 19th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Adsense-Support

Dog Dogertson , How would you like to work for me - lets see how
much of the world we can change for the better.

http://en.mediaopedia.org/

Old March 19th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Oliver Costich

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:58:45 -0600, Don B wrote:

Anyone ever dealt with these guys? Sounds like a scam.

http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...0700&display=2

You're kidding, right? How could it not be a scam?
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Express_Cameras .44 (not a typo)
out of 10.
Old March 19th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Oliver Costich

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:16:31 +0100, "Bill Again"
wrote:

"Don B" wrote in message
Anyone ever dealt with these guys? Sounds like a scam.

http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...0700&display=2

You should read .....

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7593_102...ssageID=488772

....before sending any cash.

When I read these reports, and the ones at resellerreviews as well, I
have to ask what kind of person would actuallt think you could really
buy at their "prices" from a legitimate dealer. Not lot of sympathy
for these buyers' problems.
Old March 19th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

When I read these reports, and the ones at resellerreviews as well, I
have to ask what kind of person would actuallt think you could really
buy at their "prices" from a legitimate dealer. Not lot of sympathy
for these buyers' problems.

Well we must remember that not everyone that manages to get connected and
wants a camera is actually a rocket scientist, hell they probably can't even
spell it. What you and I see as obvious is not always obvious to others. I
work with some very bloody clever engineers that are brilliant in their
field but take them out of that and you would be sure that they come from a
long line of halfwits.

Old March 19th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

In article , Don B
wrote:

Anyone ever dealt with these guys? Sounds like a scam.

http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...0700&display=2

Didn't your father ever tell you about things that are too good to be
true?

There is an entire genre of dealers, mostly identified with the
Brooklyn, NY area, who have, as a business plan, to defraud and deceive
photo/video customers.

They have it down to a science; it's done in a way that makes them very
hard to prosecute (as in, how do you PROVE that something isn't
actually backordered?) The only sure thing is, you will never, ever,
EVER get just your item at the price advertised.

I used to run a camera store. A few years ago, I decided to see if the
"Brooklyn" dealers were actually as bad a reputed. (How could they be
and stay in business?)

I picked a mid-priced Nikkor lens that I knew to be in plentiful
supply, and attempted to buy it at the advertised price (about $80 less
than my low wholesale).

After innumerable phone calls, attempts to up sell, backorder delays,
excuses like you wouldn't believe - I eventually was told either I
bought the $75 filter accessory kit, or I was NEVER getting the lens;
and why don't I just give up and save us both the trouble?

No. After several months, the lens was actually discontinued, and after
a few more heated (you wouldn't believe!) phone calls, I got a box from
them. Inside was an obviously used lens, minus box, caps, cards,
everything - not even any packing material.

I called to arrange a return, and the whole thing started again -
restocking fees, "make an insurance claim with UPS" etc. Since, wonder
of wonders, they had NOT pre-charged my card, I was able to get Amex to
reverse the transaction.

Very educational, but NOT an experience I'd recommend to anyone who
actually wants to buy something.
Old March 20th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Oliver Costich

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:28:56 +1100, "Pete D" wrote:

When I read these reports, and the ones at resellerreviews as well, I
have to ask what kind of person would actuallt think you could really
buy at their "prices" from a legitimate dealer. Not lot of sympathy
for these buyers' problems.

Well we must remember that not everyone that manages to get connected and
wants a camera is actually a rocket scientist, hell they probably can't even
spell it. What you and I see as obvious is not always obvious to others. I
work with some very bloody clever engineers that are brilliant in their
field but take them out of that and you would be sure that they come from a
long line of halfwits.

Just google for D80 body and see the prices. $900, $950, $375, $929 ..

How can one not see something makes no sense?

Old March 20th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Yoshi

"Oliver Costich" wrote in message
news

When I read these reports, and the ones at resellerreviews as well, I
have to ask what kind of person would actuallt think you could really
buy at their "prices" from a legitimate dealer. Not lot of sympathy
for these buyers' problems.

To quote George W. Bush: "This ain't rocket surgery."

Yoshi