RichA could be hurting innocent people

Old October 18th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Scott W

Default RichA could be hurting innocent people

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
You can't use those indoors to cool your beer. When I was in the

Navy,
they were always telling us about guys who killed themselves trying to
cool their beer.

In Hawaii we leave the windows and sliding doors wide open so this
would not be much of a problem. A guy has to be willing to take some
risks for his beer.

Scott

Old October 18th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tom Ross

On 17 Oct 2006 16:59:39 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Tom Ross wrote:
On 16 Oct 2006 15:36:48 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Tom Ross wrote:

From: "RichA"
Subject: Kodak screws Olympus! Oh my God!
Date: Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:57 PM

At least that's the rumour. The brand new Olympus E-400 is no more.
They made 2000 of them, Kodak, the CCD supplier F------ up somehow and
the E-400 got the shaft. Back to the drawing board for Olympus.
Supposedly, 3 new DSLRs and the E-3 are on the way.

RichA is just a rumour monger, he has no proof whats so ever. He has
started this same rumour on dpreview, again with zero facts to back his
claims.

And what have you people got up to this point? RUMOURS from
"websites." Which do you think is LIKELY to be more accurate, websites
or Olympus themselves? If you actually think I made this up, then that
is your prerogative to believe, but it isn't true. I specifically
asked Olympus at the show about the E-400 because I wanted one as a
second body for my E-1.
My only alternative is to jump brands.

For someone who spends a lot of time researching the strengths and
weaknesses of cameras he will never own, you really did a poor job of
researching one you want to buy.

According to www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_E-400.htm, "The E-400 is
available in Europe only."

You're in Canada, right? (And I thought Merkins were bad at
geography.)

TR

I know that. The first rumour (from someone on a "website" NOT
Olympus) I heard was that they could only produce a thousand bodies
and that was why it was only being marketed in Europe. According to
Olympus, it was never to have been brought to North America, the E-500
is considered their mainstay there.
P.S. NO one is as stupid when it comes to geography as Americans are.

Waitaminute. Didn't you say the source for your rumor was Olympus? And
didn't you just accuse someone of using 'RUMOURS from "websites."'
instead of accepting the Truth According to Rich ... which came from
Olympus?

Talk about stoopid....

TR

Can't you morons read? I didn't attribute the above to Olympus. As
soon as it was known that the E-400 would not be coming to North
America, the theories and rumours started. But that PRECEDED the show
I went to where I spoke with the Olympus people. The thousand body
only for Europe rumour I STATE above was not from Olympus. If you
CAN'T be bothered to READ the WHOLE thread, what is the POINT of
commenting?

Rich, when you were first challenged to provide proof for your silly
assertion in your "Kodak screws Olympus! Oh my God!" thread, you
said, and I quote,

"If you actually think I made this up, then that is your prerogative
to believe, but it isn't true. I specifically asked Olympus at the
show about the E-400 because I wanted one as a second body for my E-1.
My only alternative is to jump brands."

If I'm reading the source correctly, the information on the website I
provided, www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/dslr_E-400.htm, was created on
10/12/2006.

Prior to that, there was an update to the original review posted to
dpreview that states the reasons why the E-400 will be available in
select areas. The update is from 09/15/2006, and it is attributed to
Olympus USA. (The original article stated the camera will not be
available in North America.)

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06...e400.asp#press

YOUR "Kodak screws Olympus! Oh my God!" thread started on 10/14/2006,
two days after the information posted to the Olympus UK website and a
full MONTH after the update on dpreview.

So, where was this "show" and when did you attend? (The E-400 was
announced prior to Photokina 2006, which was held the last week in
September.

A proper time line will help me to figure out where my reading
comprehension is lacking.

what is the POINT of commenting?

I consider it to be community service - if I keep you busy twisting
around on an old thread you won't have enough time to thole another
one.

TR

Old October 18th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

From: "RichA"
Date: Saturday, October 14, 2006 8:57 PM

[...]

The show was in Toronto, last weekend at a place called the
International Centre. It was hosted by Henry's, the largest camera
store in Toronto. All of the major mfgs were there, and most of the
secondaries. I saw Pentax's new camera (well, a pre-production one),
etc.
But go ahead, tell me that is suspicious too. Do a forensic test to
determine if the show actually happened where and when I said. Better
yet....

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...schedules.html

A proper time line will help me to figure out where my reading
comprehension is lacking.

what is the POINT of commenting?

I consider it to be community service - if I keep you busy twisting
around on an old thread you won't have enough time to thole another
one.

TR

You are just tooo altruistic when it comes to representing everyone on
this forum. Congratulations.

Old October 19th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charles Schuler

But go ahead, tell me that is suspicious too. Do a forensic test to
determine if the show actually happened where and when I said. Better
yet....

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...schedules.html

And that proves what (forensics, indeed! --- you twit)?

Your Kodak post was slander and rumor has it that you will be sued beyond
your eyeballs! You do love rumors, do you not!

Old October 19th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Charles Schuler wrote:
But go ahead, tell me that is suspicious too. Do a forensic test to
determine if the show actually happened where and when I said. Better
yet....

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...schedules.html

And that proves what (forensics, indeed! --- you twit)?

It proves some of you are paranoid nutcases.

Old October 19th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tom Ross

On 18 Oct 2006 17:28:06 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Charles Schuler wrote:
But go ahead, tell me that is suspicious too. Do a forensic test to
determine if the show actually happened where and when I said. Better
yet....

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...schedules.html

And that proves what (forensics, indeed! --- you twit)?

It proves some of you are paranoid nutcases.

What it demonstrates, Rich, is that you are a wannabe troll and a
borderline kook.

You go to a show in Toronto looking for a camera that the manufacturer
announced will be available only in Europe. An announcement that was
posted to dpreview a full month before the Henry's show.

And somehow you bounce off into some insane conspiracy theory about
Kodak screwing Olympus.

TR
Old October 19th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Charles Schuler wrote:
But go ahead, tell me that is suspicious too. Do a forensic test to
determine if the show actually happened where and when I said. Better
yet....

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...schedules.html

And that proves what (forensics, indeed! --- you twit)?

It proves some of you are paranoid nutcases.

What it demonstrates, Rich, is that you are a wannabe troll and a
borderline kook.

You go to a show in Toronto looking for a camera that the manufacturer
announced will be available only in Europe. An announcement that was
posted to dpreview a full month before the Henry's show.

And somehow you bounce off into some insane conspiracy theory about
Kodak screwing Olympus.

TR

Only repeating what I was told. The tone of the post is a exactly how
it was stated to me. But, If you don't like it, why talk about it or
speculate about the statement? Besides, the other poster implied there
had been no show, thereby calling my recollection of the Olympus
employee's info into doubt. There is undoubtedly more going on with
Olympus, Kodak and Panasonic. Obviously, Kodak's large CCD business is
lucrative on a chip by chip basis (those 39 meg medium format CCDs a
are pricey), but I'm sure they are in there bidding when Olympus or
other companies go looking for a CCD for mass production.

Old October 19th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Bean

On 19 Oct 2006 05:37:31 -0700, "RichA"
wrote:
Only repeating what I was told.

I get told all sorts of things every day but if they're
contentious I don't publish them in a public place unless I
have first-hand proof that they're true,

I think you'll find that "only repeating what I was told"
isn't a good defence in a libel action. I doubt it will go
that far in this case... but stranger things have happened
and it will certainly be entertaining if it does.

--
John Bean
Old October 20th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

wrote:
Only repeating what I was told.

I get told all sorts of things every day but if they're
contentious I don't publish them in a public place unless I
have first-hand proof that they're true,

I think you'll find that "only repeating what I was told"
isn't a good defence in a libel action. I doubt it will go
that far in this case... but stranger things have happened
and it will certainly be entertaining if it does.

--
John Bean

I never said it would be. How you people extrapolate the things you do
is beyond me.
If the Olympus guy was wrong, or lying (for whatever reason), even if
he wasn't, he'd never admit to it if asked anyway. He's got a job with
one of the companies mentioned. As for Kodak, well, the Open Forum on
dpreview and the Kodak DSLR forum has had plenty of wild speculation as
to that company's disposition. All we know is:
-They continue to lose lots of money.
-They've given up all camera production to the Far East.
-They still do design work.
-They do make high-end CCDs and are venturing into CMOS.
-I think they still make film.

By posting things on groups, there is a slim chance that hidden in the
theorizing and responses is some real information. That's what you
look for. The forums may be all that is left since companies are
cracking down on employee blogs.

Old October 20th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tom Ross

Charles Schuler wrote:
But go ahead, tell me that is suspicious too. Do a forensic test to
determine if the show actually happened where and when I said. Better
yet....

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...schedules.html

And that proves what (forensics, indeed! --- you twit)?

It proves some of you are paranoid nutcases.

What it demonstrates, Rich, is that you are a wannabe troll and a
borderline kook.

You go to a show in Toronto looking for a camera that the manufacturer
announced will be available only in Europe. An announcement that was
posted to dpreview a full month before the Henry's show.

And somehow you bounce off into some insane conspiracy theory about
Kodak screwing Olympus.

TR

Only repeating what I was told.

What you should have been told is the E-400 will not be available in
North America. The slightest amount of research on your part and you
would have known this in advance. This simple fact fails to imbed
itself inside your brain.

I must say I was impressed and amused with this novel approach to not
buying a camera. Instead of tholing about plastic and kit lenses and
and non-FF sensors and dust and high ISO noise and any of the other
excuses you use to not buy a camera ... you set your heart on a camera
that you can't buy.

The tone of the post is a exactly how it was stated to me.

By whom? An Olympus rep at the Henry's show? Or was it something you
gleaned from "some website." I'm having a really hard to keep your
sources straight.

Besides, the other poster implied there
had been no show, thereby calling my recollection of the Olympus
employee's info into doubt.

And how do you know the Olympus rep you talked to was a reliable
source. While it is possible that Olympus America sent its best people
to this show, it is also possible it sent local/regional sales reps.
It is even possible the booth was manned by rent-a-reps.

Was the rep trying to provide you with inside information that was
insightful, accurate and informative? Or were you being fed a line of
hooey with the hope that it would make you go away?

There is undoubtedly more going on with
Olympus, Kodak and Panasonic.

Indeed. Why don't you look into this and report back to the froup.

TR