problem with flash Sigma EF 430 ST - for Minolta

Old October 12th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default problem with flash Sigma EF 430 ST - for Minolta

I have the following problem: I want to use it with the
Minolta Dynax 7000i (as far as I know this flash works with i-series),
but
it doesn't work.
It seems that everything is OK - the flash loads, it fires in test
mode, the camera recognizes it, the infrared is working etc...however,
when I take a picture and fire
camera trigger, the flssh does not fire. It just does nothing. Any
idea
what is the problem?

I would be grateful for help.

Martin

Old October 13th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

While the camera should do it automatically, try setting the camera to,
for example, 1/60 in A mode or M mode.
Is there a "flash" symbol on the camera on?
Is there a built in flash? Is it not latched down all the way?

OK, thanks for reply, I will try to fire it in different modes and
will let know what happens.

P.S. Yes, there is a flash symbol on the camera - everything seems to
be OK, except the fact, the flash does not fire with the camera.
There isn't built in flash.

Martin

Old October 15th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On 13 Pa , 20:26, wrote:
While the camera should do it automatically, try setting the camera to,
for example, 1/60 in A mode or M mode.
Is there a "flash" symbol on the camera on?
Is there a built in flash? Is it not latched down all the way?

OK, thanks for reply, I will try to fire it in different modes and
will let know what happens.

P.S. Yes, there is a flash symbol on the camera - everything seems to
be OK, except the fact, the flash does not fire with the camera.
There isn't built in flash.

Martin

Well, I tried in A-mode (aperture priority) and - I guess it works
fine. The flash fires. I don't know if it works as it should, I
haven't finished the roll of film, I will check it.

Any guess why it doesn't work in P mode?

Thanks for help! :-)

Old October 15th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On 13 Pa , 20:26, wrote:
While the camera should do it automatically, try setting the camera to,
for example, 1/60 in A mode or M mode.
Is there a "flash" symbol on the camera on?
Is there a built in flash? Is it not latched down all the way?

OK, thanks for reply, I will try to fire it in different modes and
will let know what happens.

P.S. Yes, there is a flash symbol on the camera - everything seems to
be OK, except the fact, the flash does not fire with the camera.
There isn't built in flash.

Martin

Well,I checked it in A mode (aperture priority) and the flash fired. I
don't know if it works as exactly as it should, but it fires :-)
Do you know why it doesn't work in P mode?

Thanks for help! :-)