New 110 film at Walgreens!!!

Old December 6th 05, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default New 110 film at Walgreens!!!

I was just at my local Walgreen's, a chain pharmacy and general shop here
in the states, and saw 110 film on the rack. I asked the photo department
girl about it and she said they always use to carry it but stopped for a
bit and now the distributor has a new batch of it. I checked the dates on
some boxes and they were until 2008 so it seems fresh enough.

Is there much call for 110 out there?
Old December 7th 05, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Is there much call for 110 out there?

More than you would imagine at this stage. I also have no problem obtaining
110 film and processing where I live.

k.net...

Old December 7th 05, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

In article ,
says...
Is there much call for 110 out there?

More than you would imagine at this stage. I also have no problem obtaining
110 film and processing where I live.

But I thought film was dead.
Old December 7th 05, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Joseph Kewfi wrote:

Is there much call for 110 out there?

More than you would imagine at this stage. I also have no problem obtaining
110 film and processing where I live.

I see lots of C-41 film available in 110 format. Mostly it's Fuji and
store brands (which appears to be manufactured by Konica).

I don't think I've seen any from Kodak for a while.
Old December 7th 05, 08:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I don't think I've seen any from Kodak for a while.

I believe Kodak stopped 110 production in 2002 or 2003, I can get Fuji
Superia 200 and Ferrania FineGrain+ 200, in 110 format.

"no_name" wrote in message
m...

Old December 8th 05, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I buy 110 film for my Pentax Auto 110 SLR at Walmart.
Still manufactured by Kodak, Exp. dated 4/2007 in 400 speed.
And I use their send out Fuji processing charging $2.83 / 24exp.
Negatives scan beautifully.

Michael.....
PS: Just thought I mention this so people know it's out there.

***********************************

Old December 8th 05, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

A girl on Coney Island asked me to take a photo of her with her brand
new 110 camera.
I told her I didnt these were still made. lol

so i guess APS and 35mm will be with us for a while.

Old December 9th 05, 01:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

What scanner do you use to scan 110 negs? I have tried two differant flatbed
film scanners and neither will recognize the 110 neg.
I love 110 film. It allows me to annoy my friends that have to have the
latest and greatest digital cameras.

Old December 9th 05, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

The new Kodak 110 film box ($2.97 / 24exp) states that it was made in the USA
but " repackaged " in Mexico. And has English, Spanish, and Russian (?)
writhing on the back. Go figure?

Good thing I did not throw away that little Pentax 110.

Michael.....

Old December 9th 05, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On 7 Dec 2005 19:07:00 -0800, "Mr.Bolshoyhuy" wrote:
A girl on Coney Island asked me to take a photo of her with her brand
new 110 camera.
I told her I didnt these were still made. lol

Probably given away with the Nathan's hot dogs out there.

so i guess APS and 35mm will be with us for a while.

Just when you think you have the world figured out, it turns upside down.
Michael.....