Velvia 100 compensation

Old May 14th 04, 04:58 AM
Charles Pezeshki

Default Velvia 100 compensation

Hi Folks,

Just bought a bunch of Velvia 100 and am headed to the North Rim of the Big
Ditch to shoot it.

I used to shoot Velvia 50 at around ASA 40 in the SW. Should I compensate
for Velvia 100 and shoot it at around 80? Or does it meter true-to-form?

Best,

Chuck

http://www.wildcountry.info

Old May 14th 04, 02:07 PM
CamArtsMag

Ditch to shoot it.

I used to shoot Velvia 50 at around ASA 40 in the SW. Should I compensate
for Velvia 100 and shoot it at around 80? Or does it meter true-to-form?

Best,

Chuck

This is not really a fair question to ask. It depends on your camera and
shutters and your meter not to mention your preference for tones and color
saturation. Why not teswt a roll or two before you go.

steve simmons
Old May 14th 04, 07:36 PM
RSD99

"Charles Pezeshki" posted
"...
I don't have time to test.
...."

A common mistake made by *amateurs.*

Old May 14th 04, 08:01 PM
jjs

"RSD99" wrote in message
"Charles Pezeshki" posted
"...
I don't have time to test.
..."

A common mistake made by *amateurs.*

Charles is too much of a gentleman and professional to respond, so I will:
**** You, RSD99

Old May 14th 04, 08:01 PM
Ed Margiewicz

Mind boggling isn't it? One asks a simple question gets everything but an
simple and polite answer.
I was in the smokies about a month ago and shot about 50 sheets of velvia
100f. The equipment I used was relatively new (lens and two meters). I
metered for an asa of 100 and found the images to have good saturation.
This is my opinion. Others may differ. I would recommend you rate it at
100.
Ed M

Old May 14th 04, 10:35 PM
RSD99

"jjs" posted:
"...
**** You, RSD99
...."

HeHeHeHeHe

Reminds me about an old parable ... something about "repeating the mistakes of the past."

And no ... my posting was *not* a flame, just an illustration ...

HeHeHeHeHe

Old May 15th 04, 12:14 AM
No One

Most of my equipment is new, and meters correctly. My lenses are also new
or relatively new and spot-on. I don't have time to test.

It was relatively well-accepted that Velvia needed to be slightly
overexposed. My question is regarding the new Velvia 100. What have

folks
found?

I have found that using untested film on an odyssey is a foolish thing to
do. Laughably so.

Velvia 100F dan Film & Labs 2 June 29th 04 09:47 PM
velvia 100F [question] dan 35mm Photo Equipment 6 June 28th 04 03:46 AM
Online store Velvia 100 (non F) AirSL Film & Labs 2 April 14th 04 03:03 PM
Velvia 100F: Reciprocity Failure Tomoko Yamamoto Film & Labs 5 November 12th 03 02:16 AM
5 Megapixels vs Velvia vs Kodachrome + Microscope Views Roger and Cathy Musgrove Film & Labs 0 October 12th 03 02:16 AM