D200 & RF Shutter Release

Old December 2nd 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Arch (TX)

Default D200 & RF Shutter Release

It finally arrived last night, about 8:30 PM. I had ordered it Monday
morning and paid for a 3 day delivery. Ok, so it wasn't quite a week
waiting. Then I took it out of its package and started to test it as
suggested on the package. The receiver part seemed to do what it was
supposed to do but the transmitter would not even turn on. I tried
everything I would think of. Including checking the battery with a volt
meter. It checked at 9.7 volts, which I considered close enough. But, it
still did not work. I gave up about midnight and knew that I could not
get any information from B&H on Saturday. So would have to wait
until Sunday or Monday to see if I could return just the transmitter or
would have to return the entire set.
This morning I noticed that I had left it on the table overnight. So,
just for the heck of it, I tried again. Everything worked exactly as
promised. I couldn't believe it. So, I then attached the receiver to
my D200 and successfully triggered it with the RF transmitter. Then
ran a few more tests including photos with flash etc. Everything thing
works great now. I still don't why it did not work to begin with last
night. Perhaps it was tired from all the traveling? LOL Anyway, I
am quite satisfied with its performance now and can think of a lot of
ways to use it.
--
Arch (San Antonio, Texas)
My Photo Galleries: