official resignation

Old July 12th 04, 12:23 AM
Deathwalker

Default official resignation

RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided
I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with
rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends
on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were
colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother
you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All
you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the
things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by
the little things again.

I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork,
depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money
in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice,
peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So . . . here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my
401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first,
cause........

......"Tag! You're it."

Pass this to someone and brighten their day by helping them remember the
Simple Things in Life.

Old July 12th 04, 12:37 AM
William Graham

"Deathwalker" wrote in message
[...]

I want to be a teenager again, so I can know everything........