glycin supplier and price

Old April 8th 04, 12:22 AM

Default glycin supplier and price

apr704 from Lloyd Erlick,

I came across a chemical supplier website (url below) - and they list
glycin under its chemical name and CAS number-- note the availablitiy
of a lower grade for lower price ...

[I notice that a recent thead in this ng discussing glycin contained a
posting that the following is the correct formula for glycin:
N-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-glycine, CAS 122-87-2. I don't know if this is the
same substance, but the numbner is the same.]

http://www.pfaltzandbauer.com/cgi-bi...=1&item=H16660
[start]

N-(p-Hydroxyphenyl)glycine

Item No: H16660

Chemical Formula: HOC6H4NHCH2COOH
CAS #: 122-87-2

Melt Point:
245-247°C
Molecular Weight:
167
TSCA:
Listed
Hazard Information:
Harmless

Availability: Normally a Stock Item.

Price: $97.00 / 25 G
Price: $219.00 / 100 G

Special Note:
1,300 grams of low spec material is available at reduced price
All prices are subject to change without notice.

Full Terms and Conditions of Sale are available from Pfaltz and Bauer.
Copyright © 1997 Pfaltz & Bauer (203) 574.0075.
All Rights Reserved.
[end]
___________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto

---
voice 416-686-0326
lloyd AT the-wire DOT com
http://www.heylloyd.com
___________________________________
Old April 8th 04, 08:39 AM
Jim Phelps

wrote in message
news
[...]

Photographers Formulary list Glycin at $16.50 for 100 grams. It's not a
hazardous material and can be shipped anywhere.

Not sure why this stuff cost over 13 times the stuff from the Formulary. Am
I missing something in this message?

www.photoformulary.com

Jim

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old April 8th 04, 12:56 PM
Stefan Kahlert

Price: $97.00 / 25 G
Price: $219.00 / 100 G

Photoformulary sells Photoglycin (N-(parahydroxy- phenyl) glycine) for
USD 71 per lb, 100g for USD 16,50.

http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...= 23&langID=0

best

Stefan
Old April 9th 04, 02:36 AM

On 8 Apr 2004 07:39:36 GMT, "Jim Phelps" wrote:

Not sure why this stuff cost over 13 times the stuff from the Formulary. Am
I missing something in this message?

www.photoformulary.com

Jim

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

apr804 from Lloyd Erlick,

I was surprised to find another source out there at all. Too bad it's
way more expensive...

regards,
--le
Old April 9th 04, 08:26 AM
Jim Phelps

wrote in message

apr804 from Lloyd Erlick,

I was surprised to find another source out there at all. Too bad it's
way more expensive...

regards,
--le

Here in Germany, there's a mail order house that will sell you 25 grams of
Glycin for Euro 21.95 - that's US $28.00! Pyro goes for the equivalent of
US $35.00 for 25 grams. Imagine how many users of Pyro there are here when
a half liter of the stock 'A' solution would cost you almost $50.00 to
make!!!

I order what I can from the Formulary and what they can't ship, I try
ArtCraft (they'll ship Pyro and hydroquinone).

Tis a crazy world in which we live...

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old April 14th 04, 03:18 AM
Jorge Omar

Maybe Canada is less stringent re shipping.
I believe Johnny will also ship almost anything

http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/index.htm

Jorge

"Jim Phelps" wrote in
:

Old April 14th 04, 04:46 AM
John

On 14 Apr 2004 02:18:59 GMT, Jorge Omar wrote:

Maybe Canada is less stringent re shipping.
I believe Johnny will also ship almost anything

http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/index.htm

Jorge

I think he realizes that if you play by the rules you will
never get ahead. Just as did Kennedy, Vanderbilt, Trump and many
others.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old April 15th 04, 06:50 AM
John

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:46:37 -0500, John
wrote:

On 14 Apr 2004 02:18:59 GMT, Jorge Omar wrote:

Maybe Canada is less stringent re shipping.
I believe Johnny will also ship almost anything

http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/index.htm

Jorge

I think he realizes that if you play by the rules you will
never get ahead. Just as did Kennedy, Vanderbilt, Trump and many
others.

And I see I forgot my favorite little law breaker : Dubya.

Old April 15th 04, 06:45 PM
Stefan Kahlert

"Jim Phelps" wrote in message ...

Here in Germany, there's a mail order house that will sell you 25 grams of
Glycin for Euro 21.95 - that's US $28.00! Pyro goes for the equivalent of
US $35.00 for 25 grams. Imagine how many users of Pyro there are here when
a half liter of the stock 'A' solution would cost you almost $50.00 to
make!!!

Jim you don't have to by pyro from the most expensive source, there
are good alternatives if you are in germany (with the sole exception
of glycin where the formulary seems to be last who make and offer it
in affordable photo-grade):

http://www.genec.de/pch1-2004br.htm Pyrogallol, ultra pure, 25g, EUR
14,29

http://www.omikron-online.de/cyberch...l/016pl-py.htm
Pyrogallol pure, 100g EUR 39,80

I order what I can from the Formulary and what they can't ship, I try
ArtCraft (they'll ship Pyro and hydroquinone).

Both are probably cheaper when ordered locally. The above sources also
ship hydroquinone for reasonable prices.

best

Stefan
Old April 30th 04, 02:47 PM
Ed Buffaloe

Bryant Labs sells 500 grams of glycin for $66.
http://www.bryantlaboratory.com/Chem...stG-HPhoto.htm