Acutol vs. Rodinal

Old March 22nd 04, 09:15 PM
Ken Smith

Default Acutol vs. Rodinal

I'm familiar with Rodinal and was just wondering if Paterson's Acutol
is similar, or a different bird altogether.
Old March 22nd 04, 09:30 PM
Jorge Omar

AFAIK they are two different species.

Jorge

(Ken Smith) wrote in news:eb5d68c1.0403221315.50de0c92
@posting.google.com:

Old March 23rd 04, 09:50 PM
Scott

Jorge Omar wrote in message . 4...
AFAIK they are two different species.

Jorge

Anyone care to address their relative differences? I'm getting ready
to do some film/dev. calibrations for FP4 (120) and have been
considering these 2. As it stands, I may stick to D76, which is what
I've used for HP5+ (35mm). I'd welcome any opinions.
SH
Old March 25th 04, 03:01 PM
Ken Smith

From: (Michael Scarpitti)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.darkroom
Date: 24 Mar 2004 19:36:22 -0800
Subject: Acutol vs. Rodinal

From: (Michael Scarpitti)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.darkroom
Date: 23 Mar 2004 12:09:57 -0800

(Ken Smith) wrote in message
. com...
I'm familiar with Rodinal and was just wondering if Paterson's Acutol
is similar, or a different bird altogether.

Acutol is a completely differnt kind of formulation, and is vastly
superior to Rodinal.

Hey! Some guy named Hans Beckert is saying the exact thing on Photo.net.
Isn't that a coincidence!

Do you know that guy, Hans? err, I mean, do you know Hans, Mike?

Great minds think alike.

Yep, same arrogance covering up for a poor understanding of photographic
materials. Too bad so many newbies have had to be corrected after receiving
your faulty advice.

C'mon Mike/Hans, don't be such a slimy little pussy! 'fess up! What is your
real name?

Rumor has it several moderators are thinking of banning you completely from
Photo.net. That would make sense, as less dogma and inaccurate information
are always striven for.

But please, please Mike/Hans, post that poorly exposed, badly composed, and
unsightly rhino picture again! Nothing like a real life example of your
skills.

Good Grief, try and get a simple answer out of this group anymore.

How bout the guy with the understanding of photographic materials?

Both Acutol and Rodinal are considered ac****ence developers, so what's
the difference? I ask because B&H cannot ship Rodinal, and I'm in the boonies.

Day Four and counting.