Inexpensive ph meter

Old March 21st 04, 12:22 AM
Dan Quinn

Default Inexpensive ph meter

(Dan Quinn) wrote

I did find one film developer formula which used Vit. C only: one
tsp Vit. C and two tbl. of "washing soda". Develop thirty minutes.

That should read: Develop eight minutes.

Other than that I don't recall any C developers which contain
no other agent. Metol, hydroqinone, p-aminophenol, and you
know of others which will stand on their own.

At
www.pofig.com I did find another formula, one from Russia.

BTW, is sodium ascorbate as alkaline as sodium sulfite. How about
D23-VC!!

D23-VC would be the usuall D23 but with 100 grams of sodium
ascorbate substituteing for the sulfite. Dan
Old March 21st 04, 03:54 AM
John

On 19 Mar 2004 20:14:48 -0800, (Dan Quinn) wrote:

BTW, is sodium ascorbate as alkaline as sodium sulfite. How about
D23-VC!! Dan

Sacrilege ! Heresy ! And besides, it won't work.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer -
http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old March 21st 04, 03:59 AM
Bruce

By the way, did anybody come up with an inexpensive pH meter?
_________________
Ready, Fire, AIM.
Bruce
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Old March 21st 04, 04:04 AM
John

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:59:49 -0500, Patrick Gainer
wrote:

Have any of you measured pH of HC110B? I don't believe it is as high as
you might think.

MSDS states 8.8~9.0 for working strength solution. I would
guess 9.0 for Dil. B.

Rodinal is another one that may not be what you would think.

It works fine at 1:75 or higher dilutions. I've heard Dektol
does nearly as well.

Old March 21st 04, 05:09 AM
John

On 21 Mar 2004 03:59:39 GMT, om (Bruce) wrote:

By the way, did anybody come up with an inexpensive pH meter?

Yes.

http://www.technika.com/Sper/s840035.htm

Old March 21st 04, 03:16 PM
Jorge Omar

I paid $24 + postage for a brand new, in the blister Hanna checker from
K-Mac Art and Pond Supplies in Ebay.
It works, and one needs also the calibration kit.

Jorge

om (Bruce) wrote in news:20040320225939.26960.00000134
@mb-m21.aol.com:

Old March 22nd 04, 01:42 AM
Patrick Gainer

John wrote:

On 19 Mar 2004 20:14:48 -0800, (Dan Quinn) wrote:

BTW, is sodium ascorbate as alkaline as sodium sulfite. How about
D23-VC!! Dan

Sacrilege ! Heresy ! And besides, it won't work.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer -
http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Sodium ascorbate is nearly neutral. 7.5 grams of metol will activate
about 30 grams of sodium ascorbate. A touch of borax might cause it to
set fire to your film, if that's what is meant by burnt out highlights.
I would suggest leaving out the borax and using the metol-ascorbate
concoction as the first bath of a 2-bath.