still trying to decide

Old May 29th 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

Default still trying to decide

"Jeff Jones" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 May 2010 15:43:29 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

"Jeff Jones" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 29 May 2010 05:07:56 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...tillTrying.jpg

Will we ever get it right?

Take Care,
Dudley

It just gets sadder and sadder.

Your just PO'd you didn't shoot it...

Take Care,
Dudley

Yeah, that's it. I'm upset because I didn't manage to create the worst
possible crapshot of a blurry apple, blurry fingers, some tacky upholstery
and an overexposed blank living-room wall. What a masterpiece! Created by
someone who can't even tell where his left and right hands are because
there's no part of any of the image that says, "this is the subject I'm
trying to shoot". Damn, I'm so envious. Any 2 year-old randomly pressing
the shutter button could have done better than you. When are you going to
learn, any of you, that you CANNOT depend on auto-focus, auto-exposure, or
ANY auto modes on any camera? This is why you'll never be a photographer.
No camera firmware programmer in the world is going to be able to turn you
into a photographer.

Okay, enough of entertaining twit trolls like you. I have far better
things
to do than give attention to the terminally self-deluded.

Who says I wanted the focus on the apple / fingers?

The title was "Still trying to decide," which alludes back to the old Adam /
Eve episode. Given the title, the apple indicates the choice between good
and evil, nature and commerce, the simple life and the good life. That
choice isn't alway easy / clear.

The partial glimpse of the over-exposed wall and furniture in the background
represent our tendency to put too much emphasis on comfort and security,
over-looking the ethics of our choice, which is why the apple isn't clear.

Isn't it interesting how the non-traditional use of photographic elements
can produce a distinct impression.

But, you'll probably never put that much thought into a production image,
let alone a test shot...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old May 29th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Jeff Jones

wrote:

[...]

If you have to explain a photo (or in your case, invent stories to try to
justify why you're a failure as a photographer), then you have failed.
Either way.

Why don't you go bother your daughter for attention? Or has she had enough
of your bull**** too?

Old May 29th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

wrote:

"Jeff Jones" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 May 2010 15:43:29 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

m...

/
[...]

So, Da Vinci is a failure because people are still debating the Mona Lisa?
By your logic, everybody should just "know" what it's all about?

You should really think about what you say before you contradict yourself
all the time...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old May 29th 10, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Jeff Jones

On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:22:25 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Jeff Jones" wrote in message
news On Sat, 29 May 2010 15:43:29 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

[...]

Da Vinci wasn't a failure, because he didn't sit there like a whiny baby
trying to make excuses for what he was trying to paint. Nor did he include
paragraphs of text trying to convince others that what they are seeing is
different than what he had intended.. Those that are wasting their lives
debating his art are the failures. Just as you are.

YOU ARE NOT AN ARTIST! BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION. Get that through
your ****in' thick skull. You're a lame crapshooter who can't even see what
he's snapping off with his auto-everything cameras. That's all you are and
will ever be.

Oh, and a troll on usenet. That too. That's all you are.

Why oh why did Gates have to include "accessibility" modes in his software?
Now we have to put up with delusional twits like you.

Old May 29th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

"Jeff Jones" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:22:25 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

news:afj106lbjnll89r0o57q1uk2vhtgbgpl3r@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

I must have struck a nerve with that last comment...

Anyway, think about it (if you can), I title a pic "still trying to decide,"
which contains an apple as the largest element. Most, sane, people with any
kind of art / literature / religious background (which you profess to
possess) will automatically think "Adam and Eve" / "The Fall of Man," etc...
But, you don't...

Instead, you accuse me of "inventing" a rationale for a pic I've already
labelled with a title that points in the direction of my explanation...

Then, you go off on a rant about Da Vinci being so great because your own
logic paints him and I in a similar light? And, your logic makes my
explanation / image seem rather, er, well, artistic?

Now, GR, you've gone from making yourself look like a bigot to making
yourself look like a completely bigotted airhead...

Thanks, you're making me look good ...

Trolling trolls is SOOOO much fun...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old May 29th 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Jeff Jones

On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:48:06 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

The only advice left for you ... seek out practitioners that prescribe
anti-psychotic medications. Your refusal to accept your station in life now
has left you 100% delusional.

Excuse me while I go visit rec.arts.dancing and now discuss the same thing
with a quadriplegic who insists he's going to be a great ballet dancer one
day if only he keeps flopping around on the floor long enough.

His problem is identical to yours.

Old May 29th 10, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

"Jeff Jones" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:48:06 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

"Jeff Jones" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:22:25 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news4e206h5suvhev2dd5fg043jkn727sbkj9@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

Ah, GR, / LOL / Jerry / Jeff, don't go away jus' 'cause ya made yerself look
like an idyit...

Show me some of that incredible intellect that helped you retire at 25!

I'm really hoping you can teach me something, about the art / science of
photography ... After all, you've clearly demonstrated how much thought you
put into the area...

Take Care,
Dudley

PS, wish the guy luck from me... I hope everybody gets a chance to live
THEIR dream, especially those who won't let convention limit their
aspirations...

Old May 29th 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 5/29/10 9:13 AM, in article ,
"Robert Coe" wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 2010 03:19:16 -0500, Jeff Jones
wrote:
: On Sat, 29 May 2010 05:07:56 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
: wrote:
:
:
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...tillTrying.jpg
:
: Will we ever get it right?
:
: Take Care,
: Dudley
:
: It just gets sadder and sadder.

Dudley's handicap is that he's nearly blind. He overcomes it as best he can.

Your handicap is that you're insane. You don't overcome it at all.

Quite possibly, Dudley is the luckier of the two.

Bob

No doubt about it. The Troll has not a heart or a brain.

Old May 29th 10, 07:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 5/29/10 10:32 AM, in article
, "Vance"
wrote:

wrote:
: On Sat, 29 May 2010 05:07:56 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
: wrote:
:
:
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/Latest...tillTrying.jpg
:
: Will we ever get it right?
:
: It just gets sadder and sadder.

Dudley's handicap is that he's nearly blind. He overcomes it as best he can.

Your handicap is that you're insane. You don't overcome it at all.

Quite possibly, Dudley is the luckier of the two.

Yes, indeed.

The pest of many names is not insane most likely, but is consumed by
such hate and fear that he's frozen in a pattern of anonymous, hateful
and frequent harassment of any who'll respond. Er, well, maybe that's
one definition of insane..

--
John McWilliams- Hide quoted text -

He's not insane, but his posts across several forums display a
personality that combines characteristics of both narssisistic and
antisocial personality disorders. Of the two, the antisocial
characteristics are more forward, but the foundation may be in the
weak ego structure indicated by the narssisistic tendency.

Vance

John NavAss? Anyone seen Obama?

Old June 10th 10, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital
Mike Russell[_3_]

On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:32:10 -0700 (PDT), Vance wrote:

He's not insane, but his posts across several forums display a
personality that combines characteristics of both narssisistic and
antisocial personality disorders. Of the two, the antisocial
characteristics are more forward, but the foundation may be in the
weak ego structure indicated by the narssisistic tendency.

Vance

Can you turn that great spotlight on yourself, Vance, and try to figure out
why you need to make gratuitous jabs at people, using pseudo psychiatric
terminology to spice it up?

Thought not.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com