Nikon's patent applications for mirrorless camera system?

Old November 15th 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikon's patent applications for mirrorless camera system?

On 2010-11-15 13:15:23 -0800, "Pete Stavrakoglou" said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler 300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

....but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down
one bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

Savageduck

Old November 15th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2010-11-15 13:15:23 -0800, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

...but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down
one bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

And if the same car were a lower power 4 banger to begin with it would
get somewhat over 30 mpg... it would have a smaller transmission,
drivetrain, wheels, brakes, supports, struts - all those things that
waste energy to accelerate and not recovered during braking.

It is long past time to stop considering cars as toys for the older boys
- the resources aren't there, the pollution is.

--
gmail originated posts filtered due to spam.
Old November 16th 10, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Pete Stavrakoglou

On 2010-11-15 13:15:23 -0800, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

...but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down one
bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

Yes it does, and it is very effective. Still, you get V8 power and high
MPG. City mileage was quite respectable for a V8. Older V8s back in the
day would get 10 MPG, no it's almost double that for some. Not too shabby.

Old November 16th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Pete Stavrakoglou

On 2010-11-15 13:15:23 -0800, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

...but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down
one bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

And if the same car were a lower power 4 banger to begin with it would get
somewhat over 30 mpg... it would have a smaller transmission, drivetrain,
wheels, brakes, supports, struts - all those things that waste energy to
accelerate and not recovered during braking.

It is long past time to stop considering cars as toys for the older boys -
the resources aren't there, the pollution is.

You'd be hard pressed to power a two-ton car with a four cylinder engine.
Some of the weight would be excised with smaller and lighter components but
you're not going to get a car of that size with it's solid build to move
with a four cylinder engine like it does with a V8. BTW, when did I say
that I considered my car a toy? I've got the resources to buy one, I work
hard for my money. The pollution levels for current cars is very low
compared to older ones. What's your beef?

Old November 16th 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wilba[_3_]

Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

...but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down one
bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

Yes it does, and it is very effective. Still, you get V8 power and high
MPG. City mileage was quite respectable for a V8. Older V8s back in the
day would get 10 MPG, no it's almost double that for some. Not too
shabby.

The most fuel efficient form of transport was the old sailing ship - they
got a million miles to the galleon.

Old November 16th 10, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 11/16/10 PDT 2:36 PM, Wilba wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

...but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down
one bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

Yes it does, and it is very effective. Still, you get V8 power and
high MPG. City mileage was quite respectable for a V8. Older V8s back
in the day would get 10 MPG, no it's almost double that for some. Not
too shabby.

The most fuel efficient form of transport was the old sailing ship -
they got a million miles to the galleon.

;-)

Not if they got picked upon in Teredo land.......

--
john mcwilliams
Old November 16th 10, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
peter

On 11/16/2010 5:36 PM, Wilba wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

...but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down
one bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

Yes it does, and it is very effective. Still, you get V8 power and
high MPG. City mileage was quite respectable for a V8. Older V8s back
in the day would get 10 MPG, no it's almost double that for some. Not
too shabby.

The most fuel efficient form of transport was the old sailing ship -
they got a million miles to the galleon.

Last time I looked, nobody fed gasoline to horses, or camels.

--
Peter
Old November 17th 10, 11:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
says...

On 2010-11-15 13:15:23 -0800, "Pete Stavrakoglou"
said:

[...]

Uh, what makes anybody think that a four cylinder engine is necessarily
small or low powered?

Old November 17th 10, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 06:36:43 +0800, Wilba wrote:

Pete Stavrakoglou wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Pete Stavrakoglou said:

I was able to average 28 mpg on the open highway in my Hemi Chrysler
300C!
Never thought I'd see a day like that.

...but the 300C, on the open Hwy, with cruise control set, shuts down
one bank of cylinders to become a virtual 4 banger.

Yes it does, and it is very effective. Still, you get V8 power and
high MPG. City mileage was quite respectable for a V8. Older V8s back
in the day would get 10 MPG, no it's almost double that for some. Not
too shabby.

The most fuel efficient form of transport was the old sailing ship -
they got a million miles to the galleon.

Not quite true. Most wouldn't have even got to 100,000 miles and the
control systems used a great deal of manpower. Sails were very labour
intensive until 19th century.

--
Neil
delete ‘l’ and reverse ‘r’ and’a’