Harley Davidson, American legend...

Old April 5th 08, 08:18 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
corks

Default Harley Davidson, American legend...

overpriced american wank ridden by tattoo'd ****wits

at least the scooter would get you home reliably

"Focus" wrote in message
One of the best American inventions, hardly changed in decades:

http://photos-of-portugal.com/HD/

At over 28 C I wouldn't mind to take a ride :-|)

--
Focus

Old April 5th 08, 05:07 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Darrell A. Larose

"corks" wrote in message
overpriced american wank ridden by tattoo'd ****wits

at least the scooter would get you home reliably

Like brit bikes, Norton and Trumphs ****ing all the oil out on my garage
floor. With Lucas (Lord Lucas Prince of Darkness) electrics...

Old April 5th 08, 06:56 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tully Albrecht

On 2008-04-05 09:07:27 -0700, "Darrell A. Larose" said:

"corks" wrote in message
overpriced american wank ridden by tattoo'd ****wits

at least the scooter would get you home reliably

Like brit bikes, Norton and Trumphs ****ing all the oil out on my
garage floor. With Lucas (Lord Lucas Prince of Darkness) electrics...

favorite Lucas joke:
Q: What's the motto of the Lucas factory worker?
A: "A good day's work, and home before dark"

I had a Bugeye Sprite. Spent a month troubleshooting electrical
problems one Sunday.
--
"Our ignorance is not so vast as our failure to use what we know."

Old April 5th 08, 06:59 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Polson[_2_]

"Darrell A. Larose" wrote:
"corks" wrote in message
overpriced american wank ridden by tattoo'd ****wits

at least the scooter would get you home reliably

Like brit bikes, Norton and Trumphs ****ing all the oil out on my garage
floor. With Lucas (Lord Lucas Prince of Darkness) electrics...

You should try a 2008 Triumph, which suffers none of those problems.

But my 1970 Triumph Saint 650 (ex-Police) fitted your description
perfectly. ;-)

Old April 5th 08, 08:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PixelPix

On Apr 6, 2:07*am, "Darrell A. Larose" wrote:
"corks" wrote in message

... overpriced american wank ridden by tattoo'd ****wits

at least the scooter would get you home reliably

Like brit bikes, Norton and Trumphs ****ing all the oil out on my garage
floor. With Lucas (Lord Lucas Prince of Darkness) electrics...

lol

Qu: A couple of my mates have hogs and a couple have pommie bikes.
What's common between them?

An: They each have a jap bike as well so that they can get to work on
time. ;-)
Old April 7th 08, 01:11 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Lancelot

I had a Bugeye Sprite. Spent a month troubleshooting electrical
problems one Sunday.

Haha, I had a 65 and 68 sprite. The 65 ran out of oil one day and siezed.
Loved it so much I bought a 68. Are there still Royal Enfields about?

Old April 7th 08, 09:25 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Polson[_2_]

"Lancelot" wrote:

I had a Bugeye Sprite. Spent a month troubleshooting electrical
problems one Sunday.

Haha, I had a 65 and 68 sprite. The 65 ran out of oil one day and siezed.
Loved it so much I bought a 68. Are there still Royal Enfields about?

They continue to be manufactured in India, several decades after
production ended in England:

http://www.royalenfield.com/app/IN/P.../Bullet350.asp

There are other models that are slightly more up to date in some
aspects, with features like electric starters and left foot gear
shift:

http://www.royalenfield.com/app/IN/Products.asp

Old April 7th 08, 09:47 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alienjones[_3_]

Old April 7th 08, 11:14 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Alienjones wrote:
Tully Albrecht wrote:
| On 2008-04-05 09:07:27 -0700, "Darrell A. Larose" said:
| "corks" wrote in message

| overpriced american wank ridden by tattoo'd ****wits
|
| at least the scooter would get you home reliably
|

| Like brit bikes, Norton and Trumphs ****ing all the oil out on my
| garage floor. With Lucas (Lord Lucas Prince of Darkness) electrics...

| I had a Bugeye Sprite. Spent a month troubleshooting electrical problems
| one Sunday.

As a youth I had a friend with a 750cc Royal Enfield. Monster machine.
Almost as large, awkward and dangerous in a sweeping corner as a Vincent
was. I think it was about the time of the start of the Vietnam war -
which I escaped being drafted into by 3 months.

I rode a humble Thunderbird but many of the guys I used to meet with had
Volkswagen engines shoehorned into BMW and Featherbed frames. About the
time I gave up my misspent youth and decided to join the real world,
Bridgestone 2 strokes began showing themselves on the streets.

I remember those. High power on slippy tyres with a lethally stepped
power band. You had a to be real man to ride one of those :-)

--
Chris Malcolm DoD #205
[

Old April 7th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dave Devine

Default OT Slippy (wasHarley Davidson, American legend...)

Chris Malcolm wrote:

I remember those. High power on slippy tyres with a lethally stepped
power band. You had a to be real man to ride one of those :-)

"Slippy" is one of those words that is typical for people from the
Pittsburgh area. None of my friends from outside the area use the word.
Nice to see that others do!

Dave
--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.