What happens when reviewers pick and choose

Old February 13th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default What happens when reviewers pick and choose

Rich hates Macs, too, no?

From the same site:

"I brought along my 15" Macbook Pro and two 500 GB portable drives. I
downloaded cards to both drives simultaneously using Lightroom and when
traveling home carried the drives in separate bags. No issues.

Interestingly, though Macs represent only some 5% of the total computer
market, at least 60% of the photographers aboard were using Mac laptops.
A few people didn't bring their computers though, instead using
Hyperdrives. Adobe Lightroom was by far the most popular image
processing software, used by probably 90% of the expedition members. A
couple of people used Bridge and Camera Raw, and a couple were using
Nikon Capture NX."
Old February 14th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

John McWilliams wrote in news:gn4en3$bpo$1
@reader.motzarella.org:

Rich hates Macs, too, no?

From the same site:

"I brought along my 15" Macbook Pro and two 500 GB portable drives. I
downloaded cards to both drives simultaneously using Lightroom and when
traveling home carried the drives in separate bags. No issues.

I can't say I hate them, I just don't see a point in having them over much
more reasonably priced and capable PCs.

Old February 14th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
bowser

"Rich" wrote in message
John McWilliams wrote in news:gn4en3$bpo$1
@reader.motzarella.org:

Rich hates Macs, too, no?

From the same site:

"I brought along my 15" Macbook Pro and two 500 GB portable drives. I
downloaded cards to both drives simultaneously using Lightroom and when
traveling home carried the drives in separate bags. No issues.

I can't say I hate them, I just don't see a point in having them over much
more reasonably priced and capable PCs.

It's a religious thing. I like Macs. My first PC was a Mac. But Apple's
greed drove me away originally. Now their stupidity does. Example: glossy
screens on the iMacs--why?

Anyway, I build my own and always get exactly what I want. Cheap, too. Love
those surplus parts from work.

Old February 14th 09, 09:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
corks

"bowser" wrote in message
. com...

"Rich" wrote in message
John McWilliams wrote in news:gn4en3$bpo$1
@reader.motzarella.org:

Rich hates Macs, too, no?

From the same site:

"I brought along my 15" Macbook Pro and two 500 GB portable drives. I
downloaded cards to both drives simultaneously using Lightroom and when
traveling home carried the drives in separate bags. No issues.

I can't say I hate them, I just don't see a point in having them over
much
more reasonably priced and capable PCs.

It's a religious thing. I like Macs. My first PC was a Mac. But Apple's
greed drove me away originally. Now their stupidity does. Example: glossy
screens on the iMacs--why?

Anyway, I build my own and always get exactly what I want. Cheap, too.
Love those surplus parts from work.

hi

could you expand on this , im not anti-mac, just use to pc/windows so no
need to change

but greed and stupidity ??????