(Newbie) Suggestions for Bracket for D70 with SB-800???

Old October 23rd 05, 09:01 PM

Default (Newbie) Suggestions for Bracket for D70 with SB-800???

Members of this newsgroup in the past suggested I get the D70 & SB-800
and I am VERY satisfied with your past suggestions.

I'm am now looking to get a bracket for my Nikon D70 and SB-800
speedlight. Any suggestions of manufacturer/model number and the
approximate price is appreciated. I assume I'll also have to get a Nikon
cable to connect the D70 with the SB-800. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Old October 24th 05, 12:42 AM
Jim

wrote in message
roups.com...
Members of this newsgroup in the past suggested I get the D70 & SB-800
and I am VERY satisfied with your past suggestions.

I'm am now looking to get a bracket for my Nikon D70 and SB-800
speedlight. Any suggestions of manufacturer/model number and the
approximate price is appreciated. I assume I'll also have to get a Nikon
cable to connect the D70 with the SB-800. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

I have a Stroboframe Quick Flip 350. I would not buy one again because it
has no way to keep the frame from rotating around the fixing bolt. The
Stroboframe Folding Flip might be better judging from the illustration in
the B & H pages in Shutterbug. You should go to your camera store and try
these and others to see which one you like. The first one costs about $45,
and the second about $70. You will definitely need the Nikon cable. Nikon
sells two models. One is just allows you to mount the flash on the bracket.
The other also has the light which allows iTTL to work correctly. Your
camera store can help you decide which one you need for your purposes.
Jim

Old October 24th 05, 02:09 AM
Roy

wrote in message
roups.com...
Members of this newsgroup in the past suggested I get the D70 & SB-800
and I am VERY satisfied with your past suggestions.

I'm am now looking to get a bracket for my Nikon D70 and SB-800
speedlight. Any suggestions of manufacturer/model number and the
approximate price is appreciated. I assume I'll also have to get a Nikon
cable to connect the D70 with the SB-800. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

Hi there.

I use my SB600 on a bracket, very elderly and no specific make, on my D70.
I have the them working in "wireless" mode, and the only thing that does not
work is the Auto Zoom on the Flash, and that is no great loss when working
indoors.

If I was doing wedding work, I would certainly get a bracket which keeps the
flash directly above the lens in both Portrait and Landscape orientation.
But since I am doing reportage type things, that is not really a problem.

Roy G

Old October 24th 05, 02:26 AM
Yung Mah

http://www.kirkphoto.com/brackets.html

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/flash/index.html

Personal Website
http://clubweb.interbaun.com/yhmah/

roups.com...

Old October 24th 05, 03:30 AM
Skip M

wrote in message
roups.com...
Members of this newsgroup in the past suggested I get the D70 & SB-800
and I am VERY satisfied with your past suggestions.

I'm am now looking to get a bracket for my Nikon D70 and SB-800
speedlight. Any suggestions of manufacturer/model number and the
approximate price is appreciated. I assume I'll also have to get a Nikon
cable to connect the D70 with the SB-800. Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

I use a Stroboframe Pro-T, which I like better than the Quickflip brackets
from the same mfr. It orients the camera with the shutter button on the top
in vertical (portrait) orientation, the Quickflip puts the shutter button on
the bottom, where some prefer it, but with the weight of the flash on top, I
feel it leads to instability, and if you are using a grip, the controls are
rendered useless in that mode. The one thing I don't like about it is that
it can block access to the battery on my wife's 20D and my 5D without grips,
but I don't know where the battery door is on the D70...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old October 24th 05, 08:48 AM
Ronnie Sellar

Jim wrote:
I have a Stroboframe Quick Flip 350. I would not buy one again because it
has no way to keep the frame from rotating around the fixing bolt. The
Stroboframe Folding Flip might be better judging from the illustration in
the B & H pages in Shutterbug. You should go to your camera store and try
these and others to see which one you like. The first one costs about
$45,
and the second about $70. You will definitely need the Nikon cable.
Nikon
sells two models. One is just allows you to mount the flash on the
bracket.
The other also has the light which allows iTTL to work correctly. Your
camera store can help you decide which one you need for your purposes.
Jim

I think all the Nikon cables will allow iTTL. The light on the newer cable
is for the AF assist mechanism.

Ronnie