For the Netflix Subscribers Among Us

Old November 30th 16, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PAS[_2_]

Default For the Netflix Subscribers Among Us - The Taxman Cometh

On 11/29/2016 8:17 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 11/29/2016 2:52 PM, android wrote:
In article , PAS wrote:

On 11/29/2016 12:39 PM, Davoud wrote:
PAS:
Since we're talking about NetFlix...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbr...to-apply-9-net

fl
ix-tax/#5e4b50e027a6
Davoud:
Capitalist pigs. Anti-fair-wages, anti-fair taxes, borrow and
spend. Up
against the wall.
PAS:
Our government is not Capitalist.
I wasn't talking about the government. I was talking about Forbes.
But,
since you raised it... the U.S. government's primary concern is making
the world safe for predatory capitalism.

The federal government, like other levels of governments, primary
concern is how to separate the citizens from their money.

Oki...

Sometimes I wonder if our roads are paved by magic, police don't get
paid, traffic lights work by magic, etc.

The roads must be paved by magic. Every time I pass one of the road
crews, most of the workers are just standing around. You know where I
live and you are familiar with the entrance ramp from County Rd. 111
onto the westbound LIE. A second lane of the on-ramp is being added, a
short one. Construction has been on-going sine June and it's still not
complete. Most Long Islanders will agree that road work is done in a
very inefficient way, taking far too long for the projects to complete.

Every level of government can do with less but there is no incentive
when they can simply raise taxes. The federal government has had record
tax receipts year after year. At what point is "enough, enough"?

Old November 30th 16, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
(PeteCresswell)

Per PAS:
The federal government, like other levels of governments, primary
concern is how to separate the citizens from their money.

I tell people who think government is such a bad thing to their next
vacation in beautiful, downtown Mogadishu.... and report back on how
things are without a functioning government - if they're still alive.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old November 30th 16, 03:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PAS[_2_]

In article , PAS wrote:

[...]

Back when we were not so politically correct, there were signs that
said "Men Working" where there was road construction. I guess no one
wanted to pay for larger signs that said "Men Standing Around Leaning
on Shovels".

I see some women on he work crews. Most of the time, they are the "flag
waver". I know someone who does that, $30.00/hour to wave a flag, as if
the motorists can't tell that there is construction. Then again, we
have some of the stupidest drivers around.

Old November 30th 16, 03:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbr...ago-to-apply-9
[...]

Problem solved! :-))

https://starttraffic.uk/image/catalo...phics/acceptab
le-road-sign.png
--
teleportation kills
Old November 30th 16, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PAS[_2_]

On 11/30/2016 10:30 AM, android wrote:

In article , PAS wrote:

[...]

We've got the construction signs too. I suspect that the use of a
flagwaver is most likely a concession to the labor union.

Old November 30th 16, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

In article , PAS wrote:

[...]

Te road paving and construction is done by contractors who bid on the
jobs. In most jobs the contractor does not receive final payment until
after the job is complete and inspected. Progress payments are made, but
there is a holdback pending final inspection.

--
PeterN
Old November 30th 16, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

In article , PAS wrote:

[...]

The women are hired because of the minority hiring bonus clause in most
gubbmint contracts. Women are classified as minorities for certain
industrial purposes, road construction is among them. They are used for
traffic control, because of lack of training for other positions.

As to the need for traffic control, go to Traffic Court in Nassau
County. They have a continuously running video of various intersections,
and watch. The "I don't give a ****" attitude of those drivers cannot be
overstated.

--
PeterN
Old November 30th 16, 07:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PAS[_2_]

In article , PAS wrote:

[...]

You don't have to convince me about the type of drivers we encounter
here. As the years go by, more and more drivers become more and more
selfish, they don't care about anyone else on the road.

Old November 30th 16, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PAS[_2_]

In article , PAS wrote:

[...]

The projects still take too long.