Powershot s60 blurry images

Old October 19th 04, 12:41 AM
Wayne

Default Powershot s60 blurry images

Hi!

I've recently bought a Canon s60 camera and after taking a couple of
pictures I noticed that the right side of the photo is ALWAYS blurry
while the center and the left side are very sharp. This is very
noticeable especially in outdoor photos. I tried diffrent settings,
locking the focus, etc. but with no luck. I also cleaned the lens
(with a soft cloth) but still get this no matter where I put the
focus.
Do I have a lemon?
Maybe someone had this problem already.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne
Old October 19th 04, 03:44 AM
Julian Tan

Hey Wayne,

Take a few more pictures just to confirm -- perhaps in the Auto setting
(just to be sure it's not some crazy setting) and making sure that
objects are square on (just in case).

If one side always appears blurry, then I would suggest that the camera
should be returned/exchanged.
Cheers,
Jules

http://www.shuttertalk.com
Shuttertalk Forums Member

Old October 19th 04, 06:13 AM
com

I think the photos you posted at dpreview (link below), show your camera has
a definite problem:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=10736845
Old October 19th 04, 06:13 AM
com

Old October 19th 04, 07:20 AM
Wayne

"Julian Tan" wrote in message roups.com...
Hey Wayne,

Take a few more pictures just to confirm -- perhaps in the Auto setting
(just to be sure it's not some crazy setting) and making sure that
objects are square on (just in case).

If one side always appears blurry, then I would suggest that the camera
should be returned/exchanged.
Cheers,
Jules

http://www.shuttertalk.com
Shuttertalk Forums Member

Thanks for the reply, Julian!

Well, I took about 300 pics now and most outdoor/indoor shots are
blurry on the right. I uploaded a photo so that you can clearly see
the problem:

http://img11.paintedover.com/uploads...ots60image.jpg

cheers