[photo] Bike geometry

Old April 5th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
fotoquid

Default [photo] Bike geometry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoquid/2390730394/

Today at an exibition in Castello Sforzesco, Milan.

Comments are welcome! Thks!

fotoquid - fotografo per passione
www.fotoquid.com
Old April 5th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 22:42:02 +0200, in rec.photo.digital "fotoquid"
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoquid/2390730394/

Today at an exibition in Castello Sforzesco, Milan.

Comments are welcome! Thks!

Sorry, does nothing for me.

Nor me, I do think that the border was a poor choice also.

Old April 6th 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Bartram

"Pete D" wrote

Nor me, I do think that the border was a poor choice also.

A border was necessary to hold the composition together I feel, but not
quite that thick and overpowering. As to the subject, I like it. Being an
ex-cyclist myself, I see a story here - the black marks on the sidewall
suggest the bike has a dynamo lighting system (remember those?) and the rim
has those dimples that supposedly let the brakes work in the wet (but
actually didn't!) The background makes the shot.

You have to admit, it does grab your attention, and I always admire anyone
who can 'see' a different angle on a common subject.

My 1/50th of a dollar's worth...

Paul

Old April 6th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco Tedaldi[_4_]

fotoquid wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoquid/2390730394/

Today at an exibition in Castello Sforzesco, Milan.

Comments are welcome! Thks!

I like it! The colors are a bit on the strong side, but anyway.
I don't like borders on images, but this is just my personal opinion.

--
Dimage A2, Agfa isolette
http://flickr.com/photos/kruemi
Old April 6th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TT[_3_]

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 22:42:02 +0200, "fotoquid"
wrote:

fotoquid - fotografo per passione
www.fotoquid.com

a very interesting photosite full of nice shots in my opinion,
specially the new additions

--
http://trincone.altervista.org
Old April 6th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

fotoquid wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoquid/2390730394/

Today at an exibition in Castello Sforzesco, Milan.

Comments are welcome! Thks!

I like it. Nice contrasts of texture, color and line.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Old April 9th 08, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco Tedaldi[_4_]

Allen wrote:
Marco Tedaldi wrote:
fotoquid wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoquid/2390730394/

I like it! The colors are a bit on the strong side, but anyway.
I don't like borders on images, but this is just my personal opinion.

I agree with you in general about borders, but IMO this one really is
helped by the black border. Download it, crop the border off, and see if
you like it.

I still like it.
Maybe this is what you want?
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/onblac...394&size=large

Funny thin was, that you have an embedde color-profile in it... I left
gimp converting it which made the red even stronger! Did not look bad.

bye

kruemi

Old April 9th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco Tedaldi[_4_]

fotoquid wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoquid/2390730394/

I like this one almost even more! Great one!
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/onblack.php?id=2275096819

Well done!

kruemi
Old April 9th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
stuseven

Default Bike geometry

On Apr 5, 4:42*pm, "fotoquid" wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotoquid/2390730394/

Today at an exibition in Castello Sforzesco, *Milan.

Comments are welcome! *Thks!

fotoquid - fotografo per passionewww.fotoquid.com

I love the color in these pictures... I wonder what camera/lens ?
Old April 11th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
fotoquid

Thanks to all ... I had really appreciated your comments and your
discussions about border and no-border :-)

About my gears... this image was taken with Nikon D200 & "the fabolous IMHO"
Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 N ! ;-)

fotoquid - fotograo per passione