Start of Daylight Time: Have you changed your camera clocks?

Old April 2nd 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

Default Start of Daylight Time: Have you changed your camera clocks?

In article ,
Gary Edstrom wrote:

For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your
pictures, remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera
to the correct time.

Other clocks to consider:

VCR - Car - Cell Phone - PDA - Microwave - Watch - FAX
Air Conditioning Thermostat

Gary

P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do?
We have it here!

One of two days each year that I remind myself how GREAT it is to live
in Arizona!

(greetings from the land where 2pm yesterday is ALWAYS 24 hours away
from 2pm tomorrow!)
Old April 2nd 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

.....as it also is in Saskatchewan....
Len

--
.....Order the "Accordion Evolution" documentary of the Las Vegas
International Accordion Convention from my website:

Old April 2nd 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

William Davis writes:

One of two days each year that I remind myself how GREAT it is to live
in Arizona!

(greetings from the land where 2pm yesterday is ALWAYS 24 hours away
from 2pm tomorrow!)

Except when there is a leap second. I know, not enough of a change for
you to reset your clocks, since they're not that accurate anyway.

Dave
Old April 2nd 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

Gary Edstrom wrote:

[...]

Your hours are only 30 minutes long?

Old April 3rd 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Krazy Kanuck" wrote

....as it also is in Saskatchewan....

....and Queensland.

Paul

Old April 3rd 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:50:27 -0700, in 'rec.video.desktop',
in article Start of Daylight Time: Have you changed your camera
clocks?,

Gary Edstrom wrote:

[...]

I lack specific training and expertise in this particular area (was
probably out that day from school or something), but it seems to me
that in places where Daylight Saving Time isn't observed, 2 PM
yesterday is always 48 hours away from 2 PM tomorrow.

Or was this a trick question?

--
Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
[Please remove 'nojunkmail.' from address to reply via e-mail.]
Old April 3rd 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 09:54:02 -0700, William Davis wrote:

(greetings from the land where 2pm yesterday is ALWAYS 24 hours away
from 2pm tomorrow!)

48, I'd say

--
Pete LaGrange
loyalty above all, save honor

Old April 3rd 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

"BigM" wrote in message
The concept of Daylight Saving Time is like the man whose blanket was too
short... so he cut off 12" at the bottom and sewed it to the top.

-Martin

LOL!!

From the UK where we changed our clocks the previous weekend.

Old April 3rd 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.video

William Davis wrote:
In article ,
Gary Edstrom wrote:

For those of you who like to have correct time stamps on your
pictures, remember to set the clock in your still and/or video camera
to the correct time.

Other clocks to consider:

VCR - Car - Cell Phone - PDA - Microwave - Watch - FAX
Air Conditioning Thermostat

Gary

P.S: 1. Yes, I know that I could keep my camera on GMT so that I would
never have to adjust it, but it's too much of a hassle to mentally
convert GMT to local time every time I look at the picture. 2. Yes, I
now that daylight time is a dumb idea, but what are you going to do?
We have it here!

One of two days each year that I remind myself how GREAT it is to live
in Arizona!

(greetings from the land where 2pm yesterday is ALWAYS 24 hours away
from 2pm tomorrow!)

Probably because no one in his right mind would want 'more daylight' in
Arizona! Just gets hotter!
I recall growing up when everyone just posted 'summer hours', and we
didn't have to wait for the school bus in the morning in the dark as
rural children do these days....