Nikon 35mm SLR: manual focus vs. auto focus

Old September 23rd 04, 01:07 AM
Tony

After I put two grand down the Nikon black hole of Melville. I've learned
the lesson. Reasonable people don't let reasonable people waste money on
Nikon.
This is a lesson you apparently haven't or can't learn - I find most
Nikon fanatics tend to be a little weak in the logic department and tout the
cameras bugs as features (ie no miror lock up because in the situation
wherre you could use it you would be better off buying a used F than having
a F100 that could do all you want it to do.
Of course then there are the pure trolls like you who don't even defend
Nikon - simply attack me - because you know there is no defense for Nikon.
The company is selling third rate shi-tuff that you can't defend. But
admitting that would be admitting you paid more to see the admiring faces of
the people who will admire your good taste. Even there, Nikon is second rate
when compared to Leica.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"Wesley Jansen" wrote in message
link.net...
Yes, I'll believe I'll nominate you as the Canon troll of the year.
Congrats! ;-)

All this incredible bitterness over a scanner. My, my.

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Canon had MF stuff for about 40 years - I thought it was nice but never
bought any myself - although the 12 years I spent with two Nikon dogs
eventually convinced me I would have been better off with any other

brand.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at

"Wesley Jansen" wrote in message
news

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
Actually the MF will be the heavier given similar models. They tend

be
old designs with mechanical linkages and metal bodies. The only

advantage
them is that some equipment snobs will tell you that you'll learn

more
about
photography from them - they are wrong, and in fact actually don't

have
the
vaguest idea how wrong they are, but that's the way they are, and no
amount
of evidence is gonna change them.
Go for AF - and take a look at Canon and Pentax while you're at

it.
Nikon
has been running on empty for a while now.

And I'll wager if Canon HAD any MF stuff, you'd think it was just

peachy!
;-)

Old September 23rd 04, 07:35 PM
Dallas 2

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:07:48 +0000, Tony wrote:

[...]

At least you got 12 years out of your Nikon dogs. I only got 13 lousy
months out of a camera that cost me more than 2 Nikon F5's at the time.

Those Canon *******s. Those thieving shylocks.

Problem with you, Mr. Spadrora, is that you are about as intelligent as a
cross between a Rhino and a big piece of bull****. Sadly there is no cure
for terminal stupidity.

Adios!

--
Dallas www.dallasdahms.com

"You know you're right! You're bloody well right!
You've bloody got a right to say!" ~ Supertramp

Old September 24th 04, 12:37 AM
Tony

Are you still alive? Or is this merely someone just as stupid as you
spoofing your assinine attitude?

Canon Rebel 1991 - still in use
Canon Elan 1992 - was still in use until stolen in 2002
Canon Elan 7 2002 - still in use
Canon EOS 3 1999 - still in use
None have ever had a repair and all work as if brand new despite having
been throgh falls (every one of them)

Nikon F2 owned 1979 -1992 Repaired immediaately after purchase and then
there were either three or four trips for repair before trade in. No drops
no rough treatment.
Nikkormat FTn owned 1979 -1992 Repaired immediately after purchase and then
made a minimum of three trips to the repair shop. It was in serious need of
work when traded in. No drops no rough treatment.
In fact these cameras were such dogs I have less film from all of the 80s
than from the first year I owned my Elan. So they got very little use.
As I said before Nikon people have nothing to back up the lies they tell
about the junk so they attack me - typical of ****eheads everywhere.
Now back in the killfile, brain dead trolls boer me.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
The Improved Links Pages are at

news

Old September 24th 04, 03:41 AM
Alan Browne

Tony wrote:

Are you still alive? Or is this merely someone just as stupid as you

snipped
Now back in the killfile, brain dead trolls boer me.

How ironic. Mr. Tony "killfile" Spadaro has changed his online handle to escape
the many killfiles he is in ... but he keeps killin' 'em here...

Old September 24th 04, 06:32 AM
Ted Azito

Nikons are MF-to-AF compatible and Canons aren't. And, I don't need or
want autofocus. And, Canon no longer makes MF cameras-some of its MF
35mm cameras were excellent. Some of Nikon's are excellent as well.

Spermdaro is ****ed at Nikon because they gave him a hard one in the
rear over some products. I don't doubt they did. I know of no
manufacturer of cameras that hasn't ****ed its user base over somehow
or another. But that doesn't change the fact that generally speaking
the pro Nikons have proven mostly reliable cameras, that the Nikon
line includes a lot of superb glass, that the Nikon pro system cameras
were the most versatile in terms of the accessories,and that there's a
hell of a lot of history that has been seen through those Nikkors. You
can find early F Nikons and Nikkors that might have seen JFK, Marilyn
Monroe, the old Penn Station, the Beatles getting off the jet in New
York.....what did Eddie Adams get that great shot of the commie
******* getting the bullet he richly deserved with? And one of Bert
Stern's or George Barris's Nikkors that captured the last MM sessions
will fit on a F6.

Not every pro used Nikons. Jim Marshall, evidently, actually uses R
Leicas and some guys shot Canons, Pentaxes, even Topcons. But more
used Nikon than everything else put together.

This isn't a perfect world. People-and companies and technologies
(and film scanners, eh?)-die before their time. Companies do the
expedient instead of the right thing. Corporations whore themselves
out and act sanctimoniously about it even when caught redhanded. But I
don't have to appreciate every single thing the company does to use
some of its products.

I drive a Mercedes Benz-a 1984 model-even though I think the Flick
family are cocksuckers who should have been gassed wholesale in 1945
with Zyklon B. I'm typing this on a Windows 2000 running computer even
though in general I prefer FreeBSD or commercial RISC Unix and think
Bill Gates is a load.(Jobs is worse.) I keep a Smith and Wesson under
my bed even though they supported gun control (and how dumb is
that-even cops I know refused to pack them after that!). I have a Linn
Sondek turntable even though I think they are overpriced copies of the
Merrill-modified AR. And I use Leica cameras despite the fact that
their optics are very overrated and a lot of Leica fans are morons
with too much money.

Sometimes, you just have to bury the hatchet and get on with it.
Old September 24th 04, 05:35 PM
Dallas 2

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:41:47 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

Tony wrote:

Are you still alive? Or is this merely someone just as stupid as you

snipped
Now back in the killfile, brain dead trolls boer me.

How ironic. Mr. Tony "killfile" Spadaro has changed his online handle to
escape the many killfiles he is in ... but he keeps killin' 'em here...

And he called me a "boer". Sad man, sad. FWIW, I am the anti-thesis of the
Afrikaner "Boer". Natal is known as the Last Outpost of British
Colonialism. We hate boers.