Samsung GX-1L Pentax flash units????

Old September 22nd 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
Me at home

Default Samsung GX-1L Pentax flash units????

I have just purchased a Samsung GX-1L digital camera and would like a
flashgun to go with it. I was used to my - still working - Vivitar 283 with
my Minolta X700 (that shows you how old I am)... what flashguns work from
the hotshoe with the Samsung - which I understand is almost a Pentax
please? I am also used to a swivel head so that I can alter the flash
direction and bounce too ... can you folks advise what options there are on
the second-hand (or new) market as I am not minded to spend over £150 for a
Samsung dedicated flash unit. Ta

Old September 22nd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
Trev

"Me at home" wrote in message
. uk...
I have just purchased a Samsung GX-1L digital camera and would like a
flashgun to go with it. I was used to my - still working - Vivitar 283 with
my Minolta X700 (that shows you how old I am)... what flashguns work from
the hotshoe with the Samsung - which I understand is almost a Pentax
please? I am also used to a swivel head so that I can alter the flash
direction and bounce too ... can you folks advise what options there are on
the second-hand (or new) market as I am not minded to spend over £150 for a
Samsung dedicated flash unit. Ta

Be Careful of using your 283 with digital Cameras there are more the none
283 some have a very high trigger voltage that's not compatible with the
more delicate electrical circuit's used on digital cameras. use of a slave
trigger will be save and you can still use the auto.

Old September 22nd 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
Paul Mitchum

Me at home wrote:

I have just purchased a Samsung GX-1L digital camera and would like a
flashgun to go with it. I was used to my - still working - Vivitar 283 with
my Minolta X700 (that shows you how old I am)... what flashguns work from
the hotshoe with the Samsung - which I understand is almost a Pentax
please? I am also used to a swivel head so that I can alter the flash
direction and bounce too ... can you folks advise what options there are on
the second-hand (or new) market as I am not minded to spend over £150 for a
Samsung dedicated flash unit. Ta

Get a hot-shoe voltage isolator (to protect your camera from the flash),
and use your Vivitar. See also: http://www.strobist.com/

--
http://www.xoverboard.com/cartoons/2..._argument.html
Old September 23rd 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
Deep Reset

"Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM wrote in message

"Me at home" wrote in message
. uk...
I have just purchased a Samsung GX-1L digital camera and would like a
flashgun to go with it. I was used to my - still working - Vivitar 283
with my Minolta X700 (that shows you how old I am)... what flashguns work
from the hotshoe with the Samsung - which I understand is almost a
Pentax please? I am also used to a swivel head so that I can alter the
flash direction and bounce too ... can you folks advise what options there
are on the second-hand (or new) market as I am not minded to spend over
£150 for a Samsung dedicated flash unit. Ta

Be Careful of using your 283 with digital Cameras there are more the none
283 some have a very high trigger voltage that's not compatible with the
more delicate electrical circuit's used on digital cameras. use of a slave
trigger will be save and you can still use the auto.

Oddly, my *stDS is far happier triggering high voltage 283s than it is a low
voltage Vivitar ring flash.

Deep.

Old September 23rd 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.adverts,uk.rec.photo.misc
John Bean

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:50:12 +0100, "Deep Reset"
wrote:

"Trev" trevbowdenAT.dsl.pipex.COM wrote in message
.. .

"Me at home" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

The DS is well isolated, the old 283 or 285 won't harm it at
all. The same can't be said for most dSLRs - including the
later Pentax and Samsung models.

--
John Bean