A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old May 9th 17, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wally
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 223
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

On Tue, 09 May 2017 01:42:00 -0400, nospam
wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.


Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #22  
Old May 9th 17, 09:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wally
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 223
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

On Tue, 9 May 2017 11:30:44 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/9/2017 1:31 AM, Wally wrote:
On Mon, 08 May 2017 21:55:26 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Wally:

Currently I have a Canon 7D2. Lenses include the 100L and 100-400 II.
I shoot mostly birds (with the 100-400 II) and closeups of bugs
(right, with the 100L, but I also have the MPE65). Those are all FF
lenses. I'm throwing away more than 60% of the image. On the other
hand, I like the pixel density of the 7D2, and its burst speed.

So, should I buy a 6D or 5D3 or 5D4? Or just stick to the 7D2?

Firstly, how can anyone say what is right for you?

That aside, if you want a full-frame camera you obviously cannot stick
with your 7D. If you have EF-S lenses and want to save money you stick
with the 7D; those lenses will not fit the 5D/6D. The 7D is a good
camera, used by plenty of pros. If you're getting good results with it
(and you definitely should be) and you don't care about the smaller
sensor, stick with it.

I have a 6D and 5D Mark III and a 5D Mark IV. Sometimes I want a
lighter camera and I use the 6D. Often I use a tripod and I am more
likely to grab the 5D. It's quite hefty with the battery grip
installed. And recently I bought an M5 with the 18-150 and the 28mm
macro. It's an incredible camera at its size point.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/33826784322/


Thanks to all who responded. I agree with everything you guys said.

I'm quite happy with the 7D2. But I have some spare cash in the bank
and was thinking how I might spend it. From what I can see, FF is not
going to give me much benefit. But hey, maybe I was overlooking
something. So I thought I would see if I could raise some ideas.

But your responses confirm that I should keep the money and stick with
what I have.

It might not have been so. A few years ago I was shooting macro with a
Canon 70-300mm zoom and a 500D closeup lens. I was getting darn good
results with it too. But I had some cash and decided to get the 100mm
L. And it was significantly better than the old rig. So sometimes one
can overlook something and miss out.

And that's why I thought I would ask my question about possibly moving
up to FF.


I kept out of the thread because I had no idea what you like to shoot,


I should have mentioned - birds and bugs.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #23  
Old May 9th 17, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20,282
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

In article , Wally
wrote:


you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.


Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


it's still broken.
  #24  
Old May 9th 17, 09:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,632
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

On 2017-05-09 20:08:24 +0000, Wally said:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 01:42:00 -0400, nospam
wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.


Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


....but the rest of the World doesn't need to get Avast SPAM.

Just do all of us a favor and make a simple change in the Avast preferences.
http://lifehacker.com/stop-avast-from-adding-its-signature-into-your-outgoing-1748130504
--


Regards,

Savageduck

  #25  
Old May 9th 17, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20,282
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

In article [email protected], Savageduck
wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.


Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


...but the rest of the World doesn't need to get Avast SPAM.

Just do all of us a favor and make a simple change in the Avast preferences.
http://lifehacker.com/stop-avast-from-adding-its-signature-into-your-outgoing-1748130504


except a usenet post is not an email.

avast can't even get the basics correct, so how the hell is it going to
figure out what is malware and what is not?
  #26  
Old May 9th 17, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,632
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

On 2017-05-09 20:24:35 +0000, nospam said:

In article [email protected], Savageduck
wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.

Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


...but the rest of the World doesn't need to get Avast SPAM.

Just do all of us a favor and make a simple change in the Avast preferences.
http://lifehacker.com/stop-avast-from-adding-its-signature-into-your-outgoing-1748130504


except

a usenet post is not an email.

avast can't even get the basics correct, so how the hell is it going to
figure out what is malware and what is not?


Avast inserts its nonconforming sig into all outgoing posts, or emails
regardless of whether an email client, or a Usenet client is being used.
--
Regards,

Savageduck

  #27  
Old May 9th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wally
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 223
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

On Tue, 9 May 2017 13:20:59 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On 2017-05-09 20:08:24 +0000, Wally said:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 01:42:00 -0400, nospam
wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.


Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


...but the rest of the World doesn't need to get Avast SPAM.

Just do all of us a favor and make a simple change in the Avast preferences.
http://lifehacker.com/stop-avast-from-adding-its-signature-into-your-outgoing-1748130504


Testing...

What do I get in return?
  #28  
Old May 9th 17, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20,282
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

In article [email protected],
Savageduck wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.

Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

...but the rest of the World doesn't need to get Avast SPAM.

Just do all of us a favor and make a simple change in the Avast
preferences.

http://lifehacker.com/stop-avast-fro...nto-your-outgo
ing-1748130504


except

a usenet post is not an email.

avast can't even get the basics correct, so how the hell is it going to
figure out what is malware and what is not?


Avast inserts its nonconforming sig into all outgoing posts, or emails
regardless of whether an email client, or a Usenet client is being used.


in other words, it's garbage.

it also causes more problems than what it tries to solve:
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-6567/Avast.html
  #29  
Old May 9th 17, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20,282
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

In article , Wally
wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.

Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


...but the rest of the World doesn't need to get Avast SPAM.

Just do all of us a favor and make a simple change in the Avast preferences.


http://lifehacker.com/stop-avast-fro...to-your-outgoi

ng-1748130504


Testing...

What do I get in return?


compliant posts.
  #30  
Old May 9th 17, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14,632
Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

On 2017-05-09 20:35:21 +0000, Wally said:

On Tue, 9 May 2017 13:20:59 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On 2017-05-09 20:08:24 +0000, Wally said:

On Tue, 09 May 2017 01:42:00 -0400, nospam
wrote:

you still haven't fixed your sig delimiter.

two dashes and a space, then return.

Not an issue for me!

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


...but the rest of the World doesn't need to get Avast SPAM.

Just do all of us a favor and make a simple change in the Avast preferences.
http://lifehacker.com/stop-avast-from-adding-its-signature-into-your-outgoing-1748130504


Testing...

What

do I get in return?


The thanks of all who recieve emails and posts from you.

You are not the only person who has fallen for this ploy by Avast.

Anyway, thank you.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.