Picking a head

Old June 22nd 11, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default Picking a head

"Cheesehead" wrote in message
I recently acquired a big Bogen 3036 tripod.
It came with 3047/029 head..
I'd like to use with with the Eastman 2D.
Do you think the head is sturdy enough?
If not, which head would be most suitable?

I've also got a set of Majestic legs.
There's a geared head available locally.
It's certainly heavy enough.
But those legs are fairly short.

Your thoughts?

I'm not familiar with the Bogen but I do have a
Majestic. Its easily sturdy enough for the 2D. I use it with
several cameras including an 8x10 Agfa/Ansco and a Calumet
C-1, which is a heavier camera than most wood ones. Its a
very stable tripod. I don't know what to suggest for a
taller stand, perhaps one of the larger Davis and Sanford
ones. They made them with two leg lengths for tall and
short. The D&S head is famous but I never really liked it.

--
--
Richard Knoppow