Best high optical Digital camera ?

Old July 22nd 04, 10:46 PM
Andy

Default Best high optical Digital camera ?

What's the best digital camera with at least an 8X optical zoom and at least
3mp ?. I would like it to take good clear pics and have no chromatic
aboration with high optical zoom.

Preferably looking for 10X zoom and 4mp/5mp ?

Is there such a camera around the £200 - £300 mark here ??

I heard the Fuji S5000 did this, but i have heard bad reports about it, can
anyone verify this ?

Cheers
Andy

Old July 22nd 04, 11:10 PM
Stan

Andy wrote:

What's the best digital camera with at least an 8X optical zoom and at least
3mp ?. I would like it to take good clear pics and have no chromatic
aboration with high optical zoom.

Preferably looking for 10X zoom and 4mp/5mp ?

Is there such a camera around the £200 - £300 mark here ??

I heard the Fuji S5000 did this, but i have heard bad reports about it, can
anyone verify this ?

Cheers
Andy

Here's the four I know about:

Fuji S5000

Minolta Dimage Z1

Kodak DX6490

Panasonic DMC F-Z10

You can get reviews of these at:

www.steves-digicams.com

Old July 23rd 04, 12:59 AM
Sabineellen

Is there such a camera around the £200 - £300 mark here ??

Consider the HP 945. I considered the Fuji s7000 but read too many bad reviews
of its image quality. The HP is better in this regard. It's 8x optical and you
can use digital zoom for another 8x (56x total, not that I ever used it, but
you say 3mp is okay with you).

Go to hp945.com for links to reviews.

Old July 23rd 04, 01:26 AM
Bob Williams

Andy wrote:
What's the best digital camera with at least an 8X optical zoom and at least
3mp ?. I would like it to take good clear pics and have no chromatic
aboration with high optical zoom.

Preferably looking for 10X zoom and 4mp/5mp ?

Is there such a camera around the £200 - £300 mark here ??

I heard the Fuji S5000 did this, but i have heard bad reports about it, can
anyone verify this ?

Cheers
Andy

Look at the Olympus C-740 (3MP) and the C-750 (4MP)
Bob Williams

Old July 23rd 04, 02:10 AM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Andy" wrote in message
What's the best digital camera with at least an 8X optical zoom and

at least
3mp ?. I would like it to take good clear pics and have no chromatic
aboration with high optical zoom.

Preferably looking for 10X zoom and 4mp/5mp ?

Is there such a camera around the £200 - £300 mark here ??

I heard the Fuji S5000 did this, but i have heard bad reports about

it, can
anyone verify this ?

Cheers
Andy

The S5000 is a 3 MP camera.

Old July 23rd 04, 02:58 AM
Pete

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:46:56 +0100, Andy wrote:

What's the best digital camera with at least an 8X optical zoom and at least
3mp ?. I would like it to take good clear pics and have no chromatic
aboration with high optical zoom.

Preferably looking for 10X zoom and 4mp/5mp ?

Is there such a camera around the £200 - £300 mark here ??

Frankly I think you're dreaming. I'm not aware of an ultra-zoom camera in
that price range that has "no chromatic aboration (sic)".

I am very pleased with my Panasonic FZ10 (4MP, 12X optical), and it is a
lot better than my older Oly C-720. But neither is free of purple fringing.

I've compared the two in detail at

http://www.seanet.com/~pgm/panasonic.htm

HTH