Sometimes stupid loses

Old May 6th 11, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_6_]

Default Sometimes stupid loses

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 May 2011 13:05:57 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:43:31 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message

Voting for the candidate that you feel offers the most benefit to
you
and yours is not racist. Voting for a candidate because you feel
that
the candidate shares your experiences, goals, and dreams is not
racist.

Hogwash. In what way does or did Obama "share [the] experiences, goals,
and
dreams" of black people?

Obviously, the black voters felt that Obama came closer than McCain.
That was enough. We don't look for exact matches when choosing the
candidate to support. We look for the best match.

He had lived a privileged life, went to the best universities, never had
support himself at any ordinary job, etc. What did he have in common
with
the vast majority of blacks who voted for him?

He is black. If you don't think that's an "experiences" factor, then
you really are wearing blinders.

How do you know this? Are you black?

You are getting to the Bill Graham level of silliness now.

No, I am not black, and I don't need to be black to know that there
are experiences that I have never endured or will ever have to endure.
I don't need to stick my hand in a fire to know it would be painful,
either.

In other words, you have no idea what the "experience" of being black is
like. You guess and surmise, flavoring your surmises with your liberal
political slant, but you do not and cannot know. Nor do you have any real
basis for assuming that Obama's "black experience" was remotely like that
of, say, some ghetto black whose single mother was on welfare. That Obama is
a black (actually, half black) whose life was mostly one of privilege and
ease does not matter to you; he's "black" and thus you believe he must have
the "black experience."

His race. That, and of course the anti-white prejudice common to many
blacks, buffed and polished by 20 years' association with his mentor,
Rev.
Jeremiah Wright.

Not to mention off-setting the anti-black prejudice common to many
whites, buffed and polished by many more than 20 years of interfacing
with whites.

What anti-black "prejudice"?

Oh, dear. Another "there's no such thing as 'gay'".

You need to look up "racist" and understand what it means.

If you don't understand that many white people voted for McCain
because he was the white candidate, you are delusional.

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say. The 95% of blacks who voted for
Obama clearly did so for reasons of racial identity, just as did all the
blacks who cheered loudly when O.J. Simpson was found "not guilty." Now
you're seriously trying to claim whites did the same thing, when in fact
Obama would never have been elected if not for a very sizeable portion
of
the white vote?

Try to follow the words, Neil. I don't have bouncing ball to use.
The word "racist" has a meaning completely apart from any feelings of
racial identification.

Your the guy who thinks words have meaning. Look up "racist".

Never mind the fancy dance steps here, Tony. Just explain what you mean.

I don't think I can. If you need an explanation of the difference
between "racist" and "racial identity", then I wouldn't know where to
start.

You could have stopped at your first sentence: you can't explain what you
claim to be the case. All you have is the familiar leftist-"liberal"
platitudes, which you recite uncritically and mindlessly because they are
part of your leftist-"liberal" catechism.