Digital Picture Frames

Old December 21st 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Paseur[_3_]

Default Digital Picture Frames

Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have you
tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray
Old December 21st 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
jean

"Ray Paseur" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have you
tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

I bought a 15" just because it was big enough to see from a distance without
glasses and sported a high enough resolution. I quickly removed the kitchy
looking wooden fram which made it smaller looking (black plastic). It can
accomodate many types of flash cards and USB keys so even with only 256Mb of
memory, with a 4Gb USB key it can display a slide show for a long time
without seeing the same picture over and over again. It's made by
Smartparts (??) in China obviously. Drawbacks, slide show speed is too
quick at 60 seconds.

I don't print too many pictures, so for me it's like having a photo album
open all the time. At first I had it cycling at the slowest speed but now I
use the remote and cange the picture when I feel like it.

Happy Christmas

Jean

Old December 21st 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Craig

Ray Paseur wrote:

Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves.
Does anyone in the group have experience with these? What
make/models have you tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

I just sent my dad a Cenomax 7" frame as a holiday present. It had
so-so resolution and no random mode. I also included a 1gb SD card with
a bunch of pics.

It's not too bad, but I'd like one with higher resolution and lower
price.

Old December 21st 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr. Strat

In article , Ray Paseur
wrote:

Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have you
tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

I bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas. I know she'll love it,
but 7" is too small for me. I want a BIG one (digital frame, that is).
Old December 22nd 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Butthead

"Mr. Strat" wrote in message
In article , Ray Paseur
wrote:

Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have
you
tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

I bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas. I know she'll love it,
but 7" is too small for me. I want a BIG one (digital frame, that is).

Uhhhhh, if she wants more than 7" have her call me. Huh. Huh. Uhhh..Huh Huh.

Old December 23rd 07, 03:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sheldon

"Ray Paseur" wrote in message
Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have you
tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

I have a NuVue that I like, and I just got my girlfriend another brand as a
gift. The larger ones are a bit pricey, so watch your wallet and look for
sales. Some also play music, but the ones I've seen require headphones,
like you're going to sit there with headphones. I could see a really big
frame plugged into your stereo, but at that point you may as well set
something up with your computer and TV.

Also, virtually all of them need a memory card, and keep your images at
lower resolutions or they take forever to load. The one I got my girlfriend
says at the bottom of the frame "loading" as each high rez image loads. I
reduced the resolution and it stopped, but the company told me there is no
way to turn that off. Besides, the resolution on most frames is well below
what your camera is capable of.

Old December 23rd 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

On 2007-12-21 06:18:13 -0800, Ray Paseur
said:

Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have you
tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

We just got a bunch of these to send around the family. A lot of the
older ones do not own computers, so the plan is instead to send SD
cards and rotate them around the family.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old December 30th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug[_5_]

My son & daughter gave me a Kodac EX1011 for Christmas, does everything,
videos, slideshow with about 5 or 6 timings, music, wireless network
enabled, multiple memory cards and USB drive, just now going through the
settings and so far I'm impressed. I don't think I would have bought one for
myself but am pleasantly surprised with it. About the wireless network
thing, it found my network right away and as I have thousands of pictures(
yes thousands ) on my main computer it can access them and show them til the
cows come home. And a remote control to boot!

Doug