Question on Canon 7E and 7NE

Old November 11th 04, 01:50 AM
Bill H.

Default Question on Canon 7E and 7NE

What is the difference between these two cameras? Thanks

Old November 11th 04, 02:49 AM

(Bill=A0H.) wrote:
What is the difference between these two cameras? Thanks
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

The Elan 7NE has eye controled focus and the 7N does not. ECF tracks the
position of the pupil to determine which focus point to activate.

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old November 11th 04, 04:24 AM
Skip M

=================================

The Elan 7NE has eye controled focus and the 7N does not. ECF tracks the
position of the pupil to determine which focus point to activate.

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Pssst, he said between the 7E and the 7NE, they both have eye controlled
focus.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old November 11th 04, 04:26 AM
Skip M

"Bill H." wrote in message
What is the difference between these two cameras? Thanks

As far as I can tell, the major difference is that the 7N/NE have ETT-L II,
which lets the camera control flash strength based on distance from the
subject, something Minolta and Nikon have done for some time.

Old November 11th 04, 08:59 AM
Steve Marshall

Yes, and they also have a (very welcome) light in the LCD on the top of the
camera.

--
Remove numeral in e-mail address to send e-mails.
www.marshallarts.com.au

Old November 11th 04, 05:45 PM

(Skip=A0M) wrote:
Pssst, he said between the 7E and the 7NE, they both have eye controlled
focus.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Woops. It looked like 7N-7NE at 4am.

Old November 11th 04, 11:53 PM
rob

In message - "Bill H."
writes:
:
:What is the difference between these two cameras? Thanks
:
:

I just bought a 7ne and retired my old 7e, so the 7NE has...
- E-TTL II (I haven't tested that feature yet)
- Backlit LCD display (surprisingly useful in low light)
- Noticably quicker auto-focus
- Better tracking of moving objects*

* when using my 100-400L lens with the 7E the lens would "jump" into focus
when tracking a moving object. Under the same conditions with the 7NE, the
focus shifts smoothly (continuously), at first I didn't think it was working.

If you don't have the battery pack (BP-300), get one! It makes a huge
difference when shooting in portait format (plus you can use "AA" batteries).

Rob
www.rcp.ca

Old November 17th 04, 01:14 AM
Bill H.

Thanks, I appreciate all the help. I think I will definitely go with the
7NE.

Old November 17th 04, 01:14 AM
Bill H.