Epson 1280 Printer

Old August 31st 04, 12:29 PM
HRosita

Default Epson 1280 Printer

I see that Epson is giving a $100 rebate for the 1280. Anybody know if a new
13x19" is being planned?

Thank you
Rosita

Old August 31st 04, 01:20 PM
Alan F Cross

In message , HRosita
writes
I see that Epson is giving a $100 rebate for the 1280. Anybody know if a new
13x19" is being planned?

Thank you
Rosita

Be nice to think it will be a larger format version of the R800! This is
well overdue.
--
Alan F Cross

Old August 31st 04, 03:36 PM
Clyde

Alan F Cross wrote:

In message , HRosita
writes

I see that Epson is giving a $100 rebate for the 1280. Anybody know if
a new
13x19" is being planned?

Thank you
Rosita

Be nice to think it will be a larger format version of the R800! This is
well overdue.

Isn't that the 4000?

Clyde
Old August 31st 04, 03:36 PM
Clyde

Alan F Cross wrote:

In message , HRosita
writes

Old August 31st 04, 07:09 PM
Alan F Cross

In message I10Zc.76897$9d6.68867@attbi_s54, Clyde
writes
Alan F Cross wrote:

In message , HRosita
writes

I see that Epson is giving a $100 rebate for the 1280. Anybody know
if a new
13x19" is being planned?

Thank you
Rosita

Be nice to think it will be a larger format version of the R800!
This is well overdue.

Isn't that the 4000?

Clyde

I said 'larger', not large! The 4000 will do 22 x 17, and needs a lot of
desk space (and a significant investment!). I'm looking for an A3
version of the R800. I need 12" x 16" (for prints mounted to 16" x 20")
so A3 without bleed is adequate, for my, and probably a lot of other,
photographers' requirements.

--
Alan F Cross
Old August 31st 04, 07:09 PM
Alan F Cross

In message I10Zc.76897$9d6.68867@attbi_s54, Clyde
writes
Alan F Cross wrote:

In message , HRosita
writes

Old August 31st 04, 07:29 PM
HRosita

Clyde wrote:

Isn't that the 4000?

Hi Clyde,

the epson stylus 4000 is a professional printer 17" wide and costs about $1500.

I am looking for an upgrade to the 1280 (13"x19") that should cost about
$400-$500.
I am still using my trusted 1270 (4 years old) but if another printer is in the
pipeline I don't want to get the 1280 that came out in the spring of 2001.
Rosita