Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

Old August 3rd 20, 07:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
nospam

Default Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

In article , Arlen Holder
wrote:

I agree that clicking on a rotate button is the easiest,

yet you argue anyway.
Old August 3rd 20, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Arlen Holder[_6_]

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 14:48:22 -0400, nospam wrote:

I agree that clicking on a rotate button is the easiest,

yet you argue anyway.

Hi nospam,

As always, you fail to comprehend detail that most adults cognate.

For you and for me, it's the easiest.
o But for a little old lady or a ten year old girl, it may not be.

Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?

I was agreeing with you that, if you're technical, like we are, then we
know to use the best players (e.g., VLC or MPC_BE) but a _lot_ of people
use the default players (e.g., Windows Media Player) which may or may not
have the rotate feature.

Rotating it once, and then not worrying about it, is a general purpose
solution that works all the time.

Anyway, I prefer to work on the solutions so let's leave it at that unless
you can find a better solution that works for everyone than Handbrake,
FFMPEG, or Avisynth.
--
The experiences of others drastically reduces the high cost of freeware.
Old August 3rd 20, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Arlen Holder[_6_]

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 14:19:25 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

Jim Scott wrote:

I get an inline image which is ok on my phone, but on my desktop clent
it is sideways. So when I forward it to someone else, they get the same.
How do I fix it?

Inline image ... in WHAT? E-mail? A file sent via chat client? What?

On your desktop PC, extract to a file, and use an editor to rotate. You
didn't mention the OS on your desktop PC, but some come with an image
editor that will let you rotate an image. If you don't have one, XnView
and Irfanview (both free but for Windows, so you'll have to find
something else for Linux) have some editing features, like rotation.

See this illustrative screenshot...
https://i.postimg.cc/wxwH4m9S/picture.jpg

If the user is on Windows, then he can get Irfanview he
o https://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

For XnView, he can get it he
o https://www.xnview.com/en/xnview/

Other freeware image editors that I have on my software archives are
o C:\software\editor\pic\artweaver
o C:\software\editor\pic\fastone
o C:\software\editor\pic\fotor
o C:\software\editor\pic\fotosketcher
o C:\software\editor\pic\ghostscript
o C:\software\editor\pic\gimp
o C:\software\editor\pic\imagemagick
o C:\software\editor\pic\inkscape
o C:\software\editor\pic\irfanview
o C:\software\editor\pic\jsware_crop
o C:\software\editor\pic\krita
o C:\software\editor\pic\morph
o C:\software\editor\pic\paint.net
o C:\software\editor\pic\paintshoppro_freeware
o C:\software\editor\pic\paintstar
o C:\software\editor\pic\photodemon
o C:\software\editor\pic\photopad
o C:\software\editor\pic\pinta
o C:\software\editor\pic\vicman_last_known_good_vers ion
o C:\software\editor\pic\xnview
o C:\software\editor\pic\paint.lnk

He can also modify the JPEG orientation tag, if it's in the EXIF data
(the OP didn't say what platform, nor editor, nor type of image format)
he might want to make use of any of these freeware exif editors below:
o C:\software\editor\exif\analogexif
o C:\software\editor\exif\exifdatechangerlite
o C:\software\editor\exif\exifer
o C:\software\editor\exif\exifmanager
o C:\software\editor\exif\exifpilot
o C:\software\editor\exif\exiftool
o C:\software\editor\exif\exiftoolgui
o C:\software\editor\exif\exiftran
o C:\software\editor\exif\exiv2
o C:\software\editor\exif\metadata++

BTW, if he needs video editors and/or codecs, see this freeware archive:
https://i.postimg.cc/Wz0vLjWj/editors.jpg

For example, these are the video editors, some of which rotate files:
o C:\software\editor\vid\adobe_premiere
o C:\software\editor\vid\avisynth
o C:\software\editor\vid\kdenlive
o C:\software\editor\vid\mpc_be
o C:\software\editor\vid\mpc_with_klite
o C:\software\editor\vid\mpc_without_klite
o C:\software\editor\vid\shotcut
o C:\software\editor\vid\videopad
o C:\software\editor\vid\vlc

And, if needed to play the video, these are my freeware codec archives:
o C:\software\editor\codec\avicodec
o C:\software\editor\codec\codecinstaller
o C:\software\editor\codec\cole2k
o C:\software\editor\codec\gspot
o C:\software\editor\codec\klite
o C:\software\editor\codec\mediainfo
o C:\software\editor\codec\screencapturecodec
o C:\software\editor\codec\videoinspector

If he needs video converters, these are in my freeware converter archive:
o C:\software\editor\convert\avidemux
o C:\software\editor\convert\avisynth
o C:\software\editor\convert\handbrake
o C:\software\editor\convert\oxelon
o C:\software\editor\convert\super
o C:\software\editor\convert\totallyfreeconverter
o C:\software\editor\convert\virtualdub

For example, to rotate video clips on Windows, Linux, or the Mac:
https://i.postimg.cc/BnmGGmg8/handbrake.jpg
--
The experiences of others drastically reduces the high cost of freeware.
Old August 3rd 20, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Libor Striz

nospam Wrote in message:

the easiest method is to rotate it directly in the video player. nointermediate conversion needed.

Additionally, if a video player does not have a particular desired
feature,
an Avisynth script can do near any video preprocessing,
limited only by CPU ( and eventually GPU ) performance.

--
Poutnik ( the Wanderer )
Old August 3rd 20, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
John Doe[_3_]

ray carter wrote:

I simply use 'ffmpeg' - one simple command line. And it's
multithreaded so maxes out all four cores on my desktop.

In my browser, maybe only Flash Player videos, I simply right-click on
the video and select "Rotate", to instantly rotate the video 90°.
Clicking "Rotate" multiple times continues rotating in the same
direction.

I guess that's Flash Player only and excludes HTML 5. Too bad. That's
the video format I am actively viewing now, works great. I will check
the CPU usage.
Old August 3rd 20, 10:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
John Doe[_3_]

Arlen Holder wrote:

How to rotate an entire cellphone video

"Smartphone users got no reason to live... la la la"
Old August 4th 20, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
kelown

an Avisynth script can do near any video preprocessing,
limited only by CPU ( and eventually GPU ) performance.

Thanks for the suggestion of Avisynth, which I have, but I haven't used it

Avisynth is especially efficient for rotating vids and has plenty of
rotation types.

LoadPlugin("c:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth
2.5\plugins\rotate132\Rotate.dll")
myVidpath = ...

DirectShowSource(myVidpath, audio=true).TurnRight()
or
DirectShowSource(myVidpath, audio=true).Rotate(angle=90.0)