Cameta Camera

Old March 3rd 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Cameta Camera

I drove by Cameta Camera in Long Island last night, was closed, alas.

Is it any good of a store? ... I may be back in that area soon...

Cheers,
Alan.
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 3rd 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I've bought much from them on Ebay. Great prices & very good service.

--
Jimmy Greene
Santee, CA / Lake Oswego, OR

Old March 3rd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 20:48:47 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

I drove by Cameta Camera in Long Island last night, was closed, alas.

Is it any good of a store? ... I may be back in that area soon...

Cheers,
Alan.

I don't know about visiting in person but on ebay and phone they do
the bait and switch.
I once bought a Leitz 39mm green filter (even posted a photo of a
Leitz filter) from them on ebay and got a Rokonar brand. Needless to
say I returned it and asked for my $38 back.

--
Colyn Goodson

http://www.colyngoodson.com

Old March 3rd 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Alan Browne wrote:
I drove by Cameta Camera in Long Island last night, was closed, alas.

Is it any good of a store? ... I may be back in that area soon...

Cheers,
Alan.

My uncle bought his D30 from them several years back and had no problem with
bait&switch or upselling. He was a TOTAL newbie, and could have been a VERY
easy target. -So I'm thinking they can't be that bad...
He got a USA warranty unit in a perfect, new package.

YMMV.

Old March 3rd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

wrote:

Is it any good of a store? ... I may be back in that area soon...

Bought a scanner from them online, and a friend bought a Canon Digital
RebelXT outfit from them. No problems or hassle with either
transaction.
--
Central Maryland Photographer's Guild - http://www.cmpg.org
Strange, Geometrical Hinges - http://sgh.rnovak.net
Old March 3rd 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Colyn wrote:

I once bought a Leitz 39mm green filter (even posted a photo of a
Leitz filter) from them on ebay and got a Rokonar brand. Needless to
say I returned it and asked for my $38 back.

Did you get the $38 ?

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 4th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:21:21 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

I once bought a Leitz 39mm green filter (even posted a photo of a
Leitz filter) from them on ebay and got a Rokonar brand. Needless to
say I returned it and asked for my $38 back.

Did you get the $38 ?

It took nearly a month to get it back..

--
Colyn Goodson

http://www.colyngoodson.com

Old March 4th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
I drove by Cameta Camera in Long Island last night, was closed, alas.

Is it any good of a store? ... I may be back in that area soon...

Hey Alan, you really get around. You must travel for work?

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com/gallery

Old March 4th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Beach Bum wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

I drove by Cameta Camera in Long Island last night, was closed, alas.

Is it any good of a store? ... I may be back in that area soon...

Hey Alan, you really get around. You must travel for work?

Yes, usually a couple trips per month, and the forecast is for more /
month over the next while (I've got three more planned through April,
and more will pop up). Depending on the flights and places it can be
great or depressing. Mostly to the US these days, more to Europe in the
fall, I 'spect.

I certainly had an enjoyable trip last week, but during a snowstorm, LGA
shut down most flights Thur. (its runways are relatively short, so
flights can't get in when slippery) but I was able to get out on
American Airlines at JFK. (Longer runways, so it keeps operating as
aircraft can safely land).

Cheers,
Alan
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old March 4th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Alan Browne" wrote:

Yes, usually a couple trips per month, and the forecast is for more /
month over the next while (I've got three more planned through April,
and more will pop up). Depending on the flights and places it can be
great or depressing.

LOL, I imagine. My GF travels for work and I go along about 20% of the
time. She always turns every trip into a photo adventure.