Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To MatchArtworks

Old October 21st 17, 08:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To Match Artworks

On Oct 20, 2017, David_B wrote
(in article ):

On 21-Oct-17 4:33 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 20, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 18:53:23 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Oct 20, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 10/20/2017 4:03 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:

Snip

My sister has just posted the
https://www.boredpanda.com/people-ma...efan-draschan/
on facebook. How would you feel if I posted one of yours to go with
it. I can understand why you might not want me to.

Neat concept.
I would never post anything on FB without a copyright notice, and then
only a low res version.
We have discussed why many times before.

Yup! Facebook is parasitic.

I avoid it like the plague, but my stepdaughter-from-Hell remains addicted

It's the only way I can keep in touch with half my family. :-(

Facetime, and Skype work for me.

I use Facetime to talk with my 94 year old father every day. My globally
distributed cousins are not Mac users so for them the appropriate tool is
Skype. However, for many of my overseas friends and family their current
favored communication tool is Whatsapp, so I have been persuaded to get a
Whatsapp account.

I've recently been introduced to WhatsApp too. It seems to work well.

https://www.whatsapp.com/

Shall we test it?

No. It works just fine for communicating with six select individuals. That is
all I need. As I said, with WA, Facetime, and Skype complete my friends &
family communications tools.

Savageduck

Old October 21st 17, 08:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B

wrote:

[...]

I searched for you but didn't find you. :-(

I use the other tools too. I once chatted on Skype to my son, a
helicopter pilot, from my narrowboat .......when he was serving aboard a
huge luxury yacht in northern Italy.

--
David B.

Old October 21st 17, 08:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 21, 2017, David_B wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

Don’t worry yourself about that. There are all sorts of folks who don’t
care to be found. Life will go on without that connection.

I use the other tools too. I once chatted on Skype to my son, a
helicopter pilot, from my narrowboat .......when he was serving aboard a
huge luxury yacht in northern Italy.

OK!

Savageduck

Old October 21st 17, 01:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David_B
wrote:

Facebook has become the policeman of the Internet and is probably one of
the safest places one can operate on-line nowadays.

complete nonsense.
Old October 22nd 17, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

On Oct 20, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 10/20/2017 4:03 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:

Snip

My sister has just posted the
https://www.boredpanda.com/people-ma...efan-draschan/
on facebook. How would you feel if I posted one of yours to go with
it. I can understand why you might not want me to.

Neat concept.
I would never post anything on FB without a copyright notice, and then
only a low res version.
We have discussed why many times before.

Yup! Facebook is parasitic.

I avoid it like the plague, but my stepdaughter-from-Hell remains addicted

It's the only way I can keep in touch with half my family. :-(

It has some very good parts. I come from a large family. My mother was
one of twelve, and my father one of six. I have more cousins once
removed. Although my mother-in-law was only one of three, I have always
been close with her family. I am honored to be the Godfather to some of
her cousin's children. FB has made it easy to keep in touch with most.
AS you can imagine, I spend a fair amount of time on FB. However, I feel
different about posting images, except family snaps.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

PeterN"
[Facebook] has some very good parts. I come from a large family. My mother was
one of twelve, and my father one of six. I have more cousins once
removed. Although my mother-in-law was only one of three, I have always
been close with her family. I am honored to be the Godfather to some of
her cousin's children. FB has made it easy to keep in touch with most.
AS you can imagine, I spend a fair amount of time on FB. However, I feel
different about posting images, except family snaps.

I spend far too much time on FB; it's how I stay in touch with
far-flung family and friends. But I hate FB. I hate the fake news,
which even some of my more intelligent friends repost. I hate the inane
things that I say. I do post all kinds of images. My latest is this one
from a few minutes ago
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/24007358768.

I'm seriously considering leaving FB at the end of the year; I think
that it has become a threat to liberal democracy, a mouthpiece for the
new KGB that I don't want to be part of. But I hate to lose the easy
contact with family and friends.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old October 23rd 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/22/2017 3:21 PM, Davoud wrote:
[...]

The easy contact is the price we pay to listen to the fake and be listed
on someone's commercial email list.
My bitch about them is ethical. I have no problem with FB making money.
I do object to the loss of privacy, and the granting of rights to any
posted image. Most don't realize that they are giving FB the right to
use their images commercially. Their user agreement is about as
understandable to a lay person, as the attempts at disclaimer of
liability in a parking lot.

--
PeterN
Old October 23rd 17, 10:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 20/10/2017 18:26, nospam wrote:

"It takes a working lifetime to realise that life is to be enjoyed
whilst we have it. Helping others gives many people much satisfaction."

like i said, thereby proving just how much of an idiot troll you
actually are.

Do please explain why you disagree with my statement.

--
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” (Winston S.

Old October 23rd 17, 10:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

"It takes a working lifetime to realise that life is to be enjoyed
whilst we have it. Helping others gives many people much satisfaction."

like i said, thereby proving just how much of an idiot troll you
actually are.

Do please explain why you disagree with my statement.

what part of you're an idiot is not clear?

and if that's not enough, you just this very morning intentionally and
maliciously spammed one of the mac groups with a phishing site, making
you into an obnoxious asshole as well.