Care for Some Gum?

Old October 12th 17, 06:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Care for Some Gum?

On Oct 11, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnpt7op5dhq5ecy/DSCF5900.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qalqaj4u4ckopx/DSCF5897.jpg
https://www.dropbox-UNINTENDED DUPLICATE.jpg

Oops! I did one twice. Here is number 3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhaigx8l9hcqpin/DSCF5894.jpg

Now that's my type of image.

I thought you might like the concept.;-)

I find there is a Pollock feel to them with the random application/placing
and mix of color.

Savageduck

Old October 12th 17, 07:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnpt7op5dhq5ecy/DSCF5900.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qalqaj4u4ckopx/DSCF5897.jpg
https://www.dropbox-UNINTENDED DUPLICATE.jpg

Oops! I did one twice. Here is number 3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhaigx8l9hcqpin/DSCF5894.jpg

Now that's my type of image.

I thought you might like the concept.;-)

I find there is a Pollock feel to them with the random application/placing
and mix of color.

Actually Pollack is not pure random.

My concept of abstract is determined by the original image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/865o53pgsnwaj7j/Marshall%20Point%20Lighthouse.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wnpt7op5dhq5ecy/DSCF5900.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qalqaj4u4ckopx/DSCF5897.jpg
https://www.dropbox-UNINTENDED DUPLICATE.jpg

Oops! I did one twice. Here is number 3.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhaigx8l9hcqpin/DSCF5894.jpg

Now that's my type of image.

I thought you might like the concept.;-)

I find there is a Pollock feel to them with the random application/placing
and mix of color.

Actually Pollack is not pure random.

I know.There is just something about the *gum* patterns which resonates.

His application is actually quite deliberate as demonstrated in the patterns
in many of his larger works. There are a few I am very familiar with. One
which I encountered in the flesh, and have returned to wonder at many times
over the last 45+ years, is Pollock #2 at the Munson, Williams, Procter Art
Institute in Utica, NY.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ar707s2ofbuh579/DSC_0547-E.jpg

My concept of abstract is determined by the original image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/865o53pgsnwaj7j/Marshall%20Point%20Lighthouse.jpg

I always thought your concept of abstract was determined by what you did to
the original image.

Savageduck

Old October 12th 17, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/12/2017 2:44 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 11, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

The image tells me what to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xay7e4rqiz393m/Blaack%20Eyed%20Susan.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck

https://www.dropbox.com/s/865o53pgsn...0Lighthouse.jp

I always thought your concept of abstract was determined by what you did to
the original image.

The image tells me what to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xay7e4rqiz393m/Blaack%20Eyed%20Susan.jpg?dl=0

....er, OK...

Savageduck

Old October 12th 17, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/12/2017 11:00 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 12, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

...er, OK...

And sometimes it tells me to do this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zza0n01cabpmecj/20170205_Flowers_0056.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old October 12th 17, 05:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
David_B

On 12-Oct-17 4:00 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 12, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

That seem like a nonsense response to me. :-(

David B.

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

Again, OK!

....but WTF do any of those PeterN manipulations have to do with gum stuck to
an alley wall, or Jackson Pollock?

Savageduck

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

Both responses, the one from Peter, and mine were nonsense responses. Peter
is always being instructed on what to do by his images, and he emphasized
that in his follow up post.

Savageduck

Old October 13th 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/12/2017 12:32 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 12, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2017-10-11 05:14:31 +0000, Savageduck
said:

[...]

They are not intended to remind someone that they were at a certain
place, or saw some object.
They are designed to create a feeling. I will be one of the first to
agree that probably more people don't like it, than do. Can't say for
sure, I never took a survey. If I like it, that's all that counts. If
someone else likes it, good. I have made someone else happy. We had a
theme competition at my CC. The theme was hands. Here is an
unmanipulated copy of my winning image, and my first runner-up,
although, obviously neither are human hands. The concept is that my
images are intended to be interpretations and representations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxhgrljhcp97mbi/Hand%20of%20Nature.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxkrww5aty119ut/Hands%20And%20a%20Foot.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN